PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Front Royal ?

Cheyou
01-28-2017, 15:02
I'm going to b in Nashville in the first week of April. Would like to do a South bound section of the AT starting in Front Royal. I would need to travel from Nashville to Front Royal. By bus if possible for the most part.

Thanks thom

Slo-go'en
01-28-2017, 16:34
Google search comes up with no public transportation options between those two points. I'm not sure where the closest town with a bus stop to Front Royal is, go to the Greyhound web site and start looking.

Likely your only option would be to go to Charlottesville and do a NOBO from Rock Fish Gap (Waynesboro). Then instead of stopping at Front Royal, go a few more days to Harpers Ferry, where you can get back to Washington DC easy enough. Or do it reverse, go to Harpers Ferry and head south from there. But because you hit the "roller coaster" shortly after leaving Harpers Ferry, going NOBO would be easier.

johnnybgood
01-28-2017, 18:54
Transportation into Front Royal is problematic to say the least. I believe the town of Culpeper, 45 miles to the east has a Greyhound Station. I do know Amtrak has a terminal there but not sure if it gets to Nashville . I know they service the northeast from NoVa. Another option is Charlottesville a little further away and south of SNP.
Being a college town I know Charlottesville has Greyhound and Amtrak stations.

windlion
02-05-2017, 08:40
C'ville is better than Front Royal. You might try the JAUNT commuter bus out of C'ville into Nelson County if your schedule allows. They go to Wintergreen Resort for $4. Or shuttle -- Gary Serra is fair, knowledgeable, and reliable.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

stanimal
02-21-2017, 11:02
Call me if you need assistance. We run shuttles to all of these locations regularly. Stanimals Hostel and Shuttle Service 540-290-4002 and on facebook or email at [email protected] :)

Cheyou
02-21-2017, 11:57
Call me if you need assistance. We run shuttles to all of these locations regularly. Stanimals Hostel and Shuttle Service 540-290-4002 (tel:540-290-4002) and on facebook or email at [email protected] :)

Thank you c u in April

thom

colorado_rob
02-21-2017, 12:01
I used Sharon's shuttle in Front royal 3 times to/from Dulles airport (long story why it's 3 times), but she does shorter shuttles I'm sure. Sweet lady, great stories to be heard of her long life.

Gambit McCrae
02-21-2017, 12:22
I'm going to b in Nashville in the first week of April. Would like to do a South bound section of the AT starting in Front Royal. I would need to travel from Nashville to Front Royal. By bus if possible for the most part.

Thanks thom

Ill be heading up i40/ i81 into central VA Easter weekend. You are welcome to ride with, I live in Cookeville. I could get you as far as BRP90.1 which is central VA. PM me if interested

Praha4
02-21-2017, 12:35
I used Sharon/Nina Shuttles for shuttles to/from Front Royal. Once out of Harpers Ferry and once to Dulles Airport.

they are very reliable and I highly recommend them for shuttles in that area

you can get Amtrak or MARC trains to/from Harpers Ferry, WV

Greyhound has service to Charlottesville, VA, also AMTRAK service there

coming up from Florida to that area, I've flown into BWI and Dulles Airports before and taken the AMTRAK/MARC train out to Harpers Ferry, then you can hike or shuttle from there