PDA

View Full Version : Walmart mail order

Krippledprophet
01-31-2017, 11:50
So Walmart is doing free 2 day shipping on orders over $35 now. They carry and ship tons of staples looks like a solid re supply option.

StubbleJumper
02-04-2017, 13:01
Can you do "General Delivery" with WalMart, or do you need to have the package sent to a motel/hostel/etc?

Miner
02-04-2017, 16:49
If you are ordering from Walmart's website, it can be delivered to the store of choice and picked up there

Patrickjd9
02-05-2017, 04:35
So Walmart is doing free 2 day shipping on orders over $35 now. They carry and ship tons of staples looks like a solid re supply option.

Are the package sizes small enough to be practical for backpacking? This has been an issue for me when trying to buy food for one person at Walmart.

QuietStorm
02-05-2017, 16:19
Just received my first Walmart order with free shipping. The shipping was very fast. I ordered 7 oz. pouches of fully cooked Tyson chicken chunks, Minute brown rice, Bear Creek soup and chili mixes, and trail mix. I'm a section hiker, so I can split everything up except the chicken into individual servings as needed. The soup mixes come in 8 servings. The rice comes in a large 32-ounce box. If you're thru hiking and can split up the order with others I recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Track3307
02-05-2017, 16:34
I used Wal-Mart as a resupply option at the NOC on my last hike - It is a great for resupply as you can get a broad variety of foods and the shipping time is quick. The only two downsides that I noticed were that they usually come in larger quantities than you would need (As QuietStorm previously stated) and they ship the items as they have them, meaning you can potentially have a different box for every item (I had 6 boxes total to pick up). You'll get some odd looks but it works out for the most part. Just be prepared if you have it shipped to a hostel that charges for mail drops.