PDA

View Full Version : Which Chacos?

lukabrazi
02-01-2017, 08:53
I would like to get some Chacos. I am not following the differences in models. Classic, Pro, Sport, Unaweep all sound very similar to me. There might be others that are similar. It looks like the Pro has a vibram sole and the others have Chaco proprietary soles. I understand what Z/1, Z/2, ZX/1. and ZX/2 mean. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks!

Secondmouse
02-01-2017, 10:34
chacos, are you looking for the heaviest sandals you can find? you found'em...

rocketsocks
02-01-2017, 11:52
chacos, are you looking for the heaviest sandals you can find? you found'em...
"Leave the sandals...take the Cannoli's"

blue indian
02-01-2017, 21:31
Im a huge fan of chacos, they are my go to shoe. Ive been wearing them for years and ive dubbed them "all terrain vehicles for your feet".

Heavy? Yes (they have lightweight version). Comfortable? Absolutely(I wear chacos more than any other shoe). Durable? Yep! (my last pair last around 1,000 miles or more. Versatile? Very (wear em around town, on the river, on the trail, wherever!)

I prefer the ones with a toe loop. It feels weird at first but it really keeps your foot planted and from shifting around.

I cannot recommend the z-clouds. Although comfy, the foam/spongy top soaks up sweat and dirt and they smell awful.

lukabrazi
02-02-2017, 15:44
I hiked Maine with someone who wore them for his entire thru-hike and he loved them. He had to tape a couple of spots where they were rubbing but it was a really rainy month and he didn't get the rot that others were getting from a month of wet feet. I don't know if I will use them to that extent but I would like to get a pair and see. I need some new sandals anyhow. I don't carry camp shoes so not wearing soggy trail shoes would be a plus. I don't care about the weight. My pack, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, stove w/fuel, and tarp weigh around four and a half pounds so I don't have to be stingy about the extra footwear ounces. Of course they are heavy. They are sandals with a boot sole. I'm sold on getting a pair. I just haven't decided which model.