PDA

View Full Version : N. Cascades Highway (20) Motels/Hotels

srvand02
02-03-2017, 15:18
So Ill be flying into Seattle in late June to start my sobo hike. Ive already planned on greyhounding it up to Sedro-Woolley and from there using the Skaggit transit to get all the way to Concrete. As that last little part will be at the end of the day, if anyone has experience, where is a good place to stay on that highway? There are a few spots in Concrete that seem reasonable, but just wondering if anyone knows of a hidden gem or the like.

Thanks for the help!

srvand02
02-07-2017, 17:47
Bumpity bump bump.

lumberjaime
02-08-2017, 01:12
Find yerself a spot in the woods! Kick things off a night early!

Sorry, I can't offer any real advice. Hasn't been part of my research, I have relatives in Bellingham who are hosting me. Hope someone else chimes in!

ImAfraidOfBears
02-08-2017, 01:28
I've stayed at the ovenwell's property there in Concrete, they rent out some amazing cabins, we stayed there for a night. Was a real hometown feel staying there, the cabins are awesome! Price was good too for getting a whole cabin to yourself. Treat yourself, SRV.

garlic08
02-08-2017, 09:11
My experiences there have been walking through on the PNT, and cycling through on the Northern Tier route. Stick with the commercial plan, there are no stealth sites around. It's all private/commercial property, and the USFS land is all timber sales. There's a hike/bike trail along the river with no stealth camping available. It's a very nice little town, though--bring some money and enjoy it.

takethisbread
02-15-2017, 17:54
I went to Mazama at Rainy Pass rte 20 whatever. My favorite place on pct. killer store nice people

Kalaallit
02-17-2017, 22:58
You can always stay here in Bellingham for the night. Can't really be farther north than us.

Dogwood
02-17-2017, 23:27
I'm guessing you'll have better answers from those that have hiked the PNWT. I did not go into Concrete either on PCT hikes or on a PNWT 1/2 hike. From what I know, this is not a all that common PCT town. I have read some better comments on the PNWT sites about Concrete. Search for them.

srvand02
02-20-2017, 11:41
You can always stay here in Bellingham for the night. Can't really be farther north than us.

That's really hospitable of y'all - I just don't know if that would be the best option if I'm trying to get to Rainy (or Harts, if possible) Pass since I'd have to hitch/get a bus south to Sedro-Woolley again that next day and catch the Skagit bus back towards Concrete (which even from there is another 1 and 1/2 hour hitch to Rainy Pass).

Sue_Bird
02-21-2017, 08:49
Dinsmores? Are they open this year? If so, Baring is just down the road from Concrete.