PDA

View Full Version : The Donner Party Hike into Damascus (sobo) w/review and video.

Theosus
02-08-2017, 17:47
This weekend 8 of us hiked from Elk Garden (VA 600) to Damascus, SOBO. We had a great time and saw no one else on the trail. The low Saturday morning was 7 degrees, and my new DIY hammock, the Taco Wrap, worked perfectly.

I'll be sort of sad to see my hiking season end in a few months.

https://theosus1.wordpress.com/2017/02/08/the-donner-party-hike-review/

Tipi Walter
02-08-2017, 18:13
Would I want to go on a winter hike with the Donner party? Uh, don't think so because . . . . they eat their dead. If you started out with 8 and returned with 8, well, that's excellent as the original Donner party started out with 80+ and ended up with around 40; many were eaten.

Theosus
02-08-2017, 18:20
Would I want to go on a winter hike with the Donner party? Uh, don't think so because . . . . they eat their dead. If you started out with 8 and returned with 8, well, that's excellent as the original Donner party started out with 80+ and ended up with around 40; many were eaten.

We named it the Donner Party Hike at the last minute because the weather turned really cold. I'm aware of the history of Mr. Donner, et. al. That's why we chose the name...