PDA

View Full Version : Bland I77 crossing

Toolumpy
02-13-2017, 21:52
Anyone get confused at this crossing, trying to regain the trail?

Slo-go'en
02-13-2017, 22:23

Yep, I turned left and climbed up the road instead of right and down the road. The trail is always up isn't it? The blazing isn't real clear there. Got a great view of the highway though before I finally said "this can't be right".

kolokolo
02-13-2017, 23:11
I agree that was a very confusing spot.

I turned left to go uphill. Then turned around and went downhill, turned around again, stopped and got out my map.

Finally decided it must be to the right and found the trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hangfire
02-13-2017, 23:57
I some how got it right on the first try, but like most of my hike I was pretty sure I was going the wrong way. By the way the Dairy Queen in town was very nice with the added bonus of free wifi...hikers dream!

Gambit McCrae
02-14-2017, 08:53
Yep, I turned left and climbed up the road instead of right and down the road. The trail is always up isn't it? The blazing isn't real clear there. Got a great view of the highway though before I finally said "this can't be right".

I did the same myself

Slo-go'en
02-14-2017, 10:46
Here's the view of the I77 crossing from the top of the wrong way to go:

u.w.
02-14-2017, 13:40
lol... I did indeed, but of course, like everyone else, figured it out and pressed on. It wasn't too bad, though I did have one or two of those "where the heck" or "which way is" the trail moments, lol.... All part of it though right..

u.w.

Lone Wolf
02-14-2017, 15:08

no. it's pretty well marked

evyck da fleet
02-14-2017, 16:26
Sort of but on the near side. I got there in a lightning storm and ran up the dirt hill to see if I could find a blaze. Not seeing one I crossed/ ran across the overpass muttering of course this one would be over not under the highway. On the other side once I was no longer exposed I checked my map which showed a right turn.