PDA

View Full Version : Wet cough after a section?

dcdennis
02-20-2017, 18:55
Every time I overnight I always come back with a wet cough that lasts a day or two. Anyone else? I never actually cough anything up but it feels like stuff is loose in my lungs. I don't think it's exercise asthma because I never feel like my airway is constricted in the slightest.

BuckeyeBill
02-20-2017, 19:15
I asked my doctor about this, and his reply was that I was breathing deeper than I normally would and breaking up built up congestion. He also mention the fact that I was breathing cleaner air than usual as well.

dcdennis
02-20-2017, 19:18
That's what I assumed. Something to do with cleaner moister air and also elevation. I also notice that I get very stuffy nose when trying to sleep on a mountain. Started bringing breath-right strips.

Theosus
02-20-2017, 22:50
I get the same thing. I just figured it was a combination of exertion and a different sleeping position. In the hammock I'm mainly a back sleeper as opposed to a side sleeper at home.

4eyedbuzzard
02-21-2017, 00:12
Lots more mold spores and tree pollen than you normally breathe as well. The forest is a moist nutrient rich environment for the molds and bacteria that decompose organic stuff like leaves and wood on the forest floor.

rocketsocks
02-21-2017, 00:51
Lots more mold spores and tree pollen than you normally breathe as well. The forest is a moist nutrient rich environment for the molds and bacteria that decompose organic stuff like leaves and wood on the forest floor.thats what I was thinkin' as well...molds

4eyedbuzzard
02-21-2017, 01:05
thats what I was thinkin' as well...moldsYeah, the woods are full of stuff that people spend tons of money on to remove from the drywall boxes we normally live in. Like black mold that people freak out over in their bathrooms. Like that great fresh smell after it rains - bacteria churned up by the raindrops. The more we separate ourselves from what normally exists in nature, the more likely we are to react adversely to stuff when we go off into the woods.

Trailweaver
02-21-2017, 02:15
Hummm. Never noticed it before. I'll pay attention to that next time out. I noticed that some of you are from larger cities? I am from a smaller town. Wonder if that makes a difference.

Turk6177
02-21-2017, 13:41
I am not a doctor, but I play one on Whiteblaze. I am going to make the diagnosis that while you are hiking your lungs are celebrating the pollution free air that they were always meant to operate with. When you get home, the pollution starts to creep back into your body and your mucous membranes react accordingly to foreign particles. The cure is to spend as much time backpacking as you can.

dcdennis
02-21-2017, 14:27
I am not a doctor, but I play one on Whiteblaze. I am going to make the diagnosis that while you are hiking your lungs are celebrating the pollution free air that they were always meant to operate with. When you get home, the pollution starts to creep back into your body and your mucous membranes react accordingly to foreign particles. The cure is to spend as much time backpacking as you can.

can I give you my girlfriends number so you can tell her directly?

Gambit McCrae
02-21-2017, 14:31
can I give you my girlfriends number so you can tell her directly?

Im a DR too can I have your girlfriends number?