PDA

View Full Version : Snickers Gap to Keys Gap

JLorenzo77
02-21-2017, 13:45
Hi! I wanted your thoughts and opinions about doing this 13.4 mile stretch as a day hike. It's supposed to be 75 degrees on Thursday and I am eager to do this. I just hope the distance and terrain will be okay as I haven't hiked in a little while.

dcdennis
02-21-2017, 14:24
Doable, but by no means easy.

illabelle
02-21-2017, 14:31
Isn't that the section with the infamous RollerCoaster?

We did that last summer. Wasn't all that bad. Up, down, up, down, ... and then it's over.

JLorenzo77
02-21-2017, 15:11
Isn't that the section with the infamous RollerCoaster?

We did that last summer. Wasn't all that bad. Up, down, up, down, ... and then it's over.

Yeah, the first half of the hike would be the northern end of the roller coaster. The other half would be Blackburn to Keys which I've done before and isn't so bad.

QuietStorm
02-21-2017, 18:06
Did it two weeks ago. Blackburn SOBO to Ashby Gap. Overnighted at Sam Moore Shelter. Lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windlion
02-21-2017, 18:06
Hi! I wanted your thoughts and opinions about doing this 13.4 mile stretch as a day hike. It's supposed to be 75 degrees on Thursday and I am eager to do this. I just hope the distance and terrain will be okay as I haven't hiked in a little while.
First five miles will be in the Roller Coaster, which has some moderate ups and downs. After that, you'll get up on the ridge and be on your way. Not a sled run -- this is a frequent warmup day hike for local groups checking that everyone is ready for bigger and better things. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk