PDA

View Full Version : Wind Gap PA - Hwy 33 Parking?

FatMan
02-25-2017, 08:19
Going to be up near Wind Gap in PA and the wife and I thought we would get out and stretch our legs for a few hours on the AT. Is there parking at Wind Gap where the trail crosses Hwy 33? If so, how do you get to it. And should we hike north or south. We are just doing a three hour in and out.

Thanks for your help.

Turtle-2013
02-25-2017, 08:34
Yes.... the parking is right at the trail-head ... I left my car parked there for a week last summer. And, North if you want an easy walk, South if you want a CLIMB to a view. The parking is where you head north ... you walk back under the overpass to head south....

FatMan
03-01-2017, 15:41
Back to Grassy Gap in GA and only have two words for our hike at Wind Gap...Rocks Suck!

cdk4091
03-01-2017, 16:23
Couldn"t agree more. I stayed at Leroy Smith Shelter Saturday night. Just made it before the storm. The temps had been in the 60's most of the week, However, the wind chill was 19 degrees and it was spitting snow Sunday Morning when I hiked into Wind Gap. As a section hiker that finished PA for me. Thank Goodness!!

steve_zavocki
03-01-2017, 17:48
I was just there. If I was wanting an out and back, I would go South. It is rocky and steep in both directions but less so to the South. There is a nice view about one mile in called Hahns Lookout. Have fun!