PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Springer in very late Feb. '06

KotzyMJ
01-23-2006, 21:22
Hey- Looking for a ride to Springer/ north Ga for my hiking partner, Happy Feet. He lives in Bristol, TN near Interstates 81 and 26 if anyone is taking those on their way down. We're planning to start Feb. 28. So any ride on that day or a few days before (or maybe even a day after) would be great.

The Solemates
01-24-2006, 10:57
Hey- Looking for a ride to Springer/ north Ga for my hiking partner, Happy Feet. He lives in Bristol, TN near Interstates 81 and 26 if anyone is taking those on their way down. We're planning to start Feb. 28. So any ride on that day or a few days before (or maybe even a day after) would be great.

swiss...you guys planning on doin another thru? or just out hikin a bit? if you want to change your dates to mid-march, i would be able to help you with a ride :rolleyes:

Random
01-24-2006, 14:03
I could go for that... but I'd have to postpone my own hike about 10 days.
how many mile a day are you planning?

KotzyMJ
01-24-2006, 21:32
Solemate: Hey- good to hear from you:) Yeah, we are planning to do a thru. When we were at the Soruck, Happy Feet wasn't thinking he'd go with me. But I've coerced him into coming (which didn't take much). The mid-march ride would be good, but we're really hoping to start before much of the crowd. Thanx for the offer though, and I'll let you know if anything changes.

Random: I'd kinda feel bad for you if you postponed your original start date. So, don't feel like you need to start later cause of us. But, if you want to start later, that'd be fine too. Let me know what you decide. We don't have any set miles per day. We're both in fairly decent shape. In '04 I was probably avg. 14-16 miles a day through Ga. Maybe something like that.

***Oh, and one other thing. I live about 1.5 hrs. from Springer (btwn. Franklin and Hiawassee). So, I was thinking that even if Happy Feet could get a ride to Asheville, I could pick him up there and take him to my house and get my parents to drive us down. Or, if someone gave him a ride down, they are welcome to stop over at my house for a meal and for the night if it's late. Then, we could all ride down to Springer the next morning. We're more than willing to chip in a lot with gas costs.

The Solemates
01-25-2006, 14:39
well have fun on your hike. im jealous.

Grey Fox
01-28-2006, 21:11
swiss, I'll do it, check your email

KotzyMJ
01-29-2006, 19:31
Hey Fox~ thanx for the email. I didn't reply, just forwarded it to HF to see what he thinks. When are you planning to start hiking? Some places said 2/28 and others 3/10, so I wasn't sure. We'll let you know back soon.