PDA

View Full Version : 43 Brands with lifetime warranty...

Bronk
02-27-2017, 11:10
Interesting article...we've discussed several of these brands here in the past:

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/deals/companies-with-lifetime-warranties/?utm_source=Facebook_TopShareButton_20170223

Dogwood
02-27-2017, 14:00
Mahalo.

Had never heard of Features socks until your post. Like the companies composition of threads in their Elite + UL Quarter and Elite + Cushion Quarters.

Dogwood
02-27-2017, 14:12
BTW, Mrs Kuta who wrote that article I've spoken to in person in CO. She had on her a bunch of stuff she got at some ridiculously cheap prices or even free. See this professional messenger's handbag $5, and this hand crafted by Native American Indian's blanket, $8, these shoes....;)

Pondjumpr
02-28-2017, 09:36
To me, unconditional Lifetime warranties are much different than warranties covering manufacturers defects. Still good information to know.

Regarding Orvis, I am an avid fly fisherman. Orvis, in the past, had a lifetime warranty on their fly rods. They no longer offer that. It is limited to a number of years now. Of course, I think it is 25 years so that's certainly enough.
Also Craftsman, in the past, had the lifetime warranty on all their hand tools. Now, they do not offer the unconditional warranty on anything with mechanical parts such as tape measures. Fixed hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, etc. still offer a lifetime replacement warranty just as most major tool brands offer.

I guess the marketing works though because I just bought some Darn Tough socks two weeks ago. The major reason was the warranty, and because so many distance hikers use them. My first experience with them was very positive. I normally buy Smartwool but will probably now buy DT because of the great warranty!

llittle_llama
02-28-2017, 12:07
Sears isn't what they used to be and they have been circling the drain for a decade plus now because of this. I remember as a child going in with my grandfather and a handful of tools (he would wait until he had 10-12 that needed to be swapped) and going in and trading them in all at once and being in and out in 5 minutes. Because of that when I started building my tool set as a teen I ONLY bought Craftsman. About 15 years ago they wanted to see a receipt or a sears card to see where you purchased it or they would give you trouble for trading it out. As someone who started buying at 14 or so and at 34 now I have none of that. I will NEVER buy from Sears again for anything, not clothes or anything. Everything I buy now is Kobalt (Lowes) and as I can I give away my Craftsman sets (when I can afford to replace them with Kobalt) to people I know that have nothing.