PDA

View Full Version : GPS in the shoes.

garlic08
02-27-2017, 11:35
So, when will this device (https://www.amazon.com/Lechal-Navigation-Fitness-Tracking-Insoles/dp/B01GFWQRY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488206105&sr=8-1&keywords=lechal+insoles) find its way to the long trails?

My wife has something similar on her bicycle handlebars, so I guess this was the next logical step, so to speak.

JC13
02-27-2017, 11:42
Similar tech built into the shoe.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/gemini-record-equipped

ChuckT
02-27-2017, 12:58
Get Smart is still with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Maineiac64
02-27-2017, 13:04
It doesn't look like there's a gps in there.

jj dont play
02-27-2017, 13:27
Nike+ has been available for years... of course you have to have Nike shoes with the cutout in the sole to add the little sensor, but There's ways to add it onto non Nike shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj dont play
02-27-2017, 16:09
Nike+ has been available for years... of course you have to have Nike shoes with the cutout in the sole to add the little sensor, but There's ways to add it onto non Nike shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blw2
02-28-2017, 16:17
I've been watching Dixies vlog from her through last year. She was talking about being a "purest" in that she's trying to hit "every inch"
I was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a gps track of the whole hike..... including all the side trails to get water, trips into town, walking trips around town, circles around while in camp, etc....

Malto
02-28-2017, 16:22
I've been watching Dixies vlog from her through last year. She was talking about being a "purest" in that she's trying to hit "every inch"
I was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a gps track of the whole hike..... including all the side trails to get water, trips into town, walking trips around town, circles around while in camp, etc....

That would be cool. We could monitor how far off trail she goes to dig a cat hole.

blw2
02-28-2017, 16:25
I didn't mean for her.....
& I didn't mean to post or monitor anyone.....
I was just thinking for one's own knowledge after a through or long section, exactly how far they went and where....

George
02-28-2017, 19:53

for purists that suffer from temptations the GPS feature could be linked to a shock collar that would give a little reminder to be "good"

Traveler
03-03-2017, 08:55
Not sure how waterproof the device at Amazon is. The manufacturers description discusses everything but that issue, leading me to believe its a great device until the first all day rain or creek crossing where that foot slips into 2 feet of water.