PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone munt to trekking pole

nascarmikeb
02-27-2017, 13:03
I hope this is in the correct forum, if not please forgive me.

I will be doing a 10 day section hike later this Spring. As I am gathering gear, I realize that I will need a way to mount my cell phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) to my trekking pole . I've seen several hikers (Youtube) do this. I've tried searching, but am unsure of what I am searching for online. What are some suggestions for the easiest way to mount my cellphone? thanks,

Mike

KDogg
02-27-2017, 14:22
Maybe you are looking for stickpic? This will allow you to mount the phone temporarily while you video.

saltysack
02-27-2017, 14:33
Or rubber band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soumodeler
02-27-2017, 15:13
http://www.thestickpic.com/

Slo-go'en
02-27-2017, 18:14
I'm not sure I'd want my phone attached to my hiking pole. Sounds like a cracked screen just waiting to happen - or worse.

soumodeler
02-27-2017, 19:25
I have one of the camera mount StickPics and it works great, but I agree, not so sure about a cell phone. FWIW, the camera mount is very stable.

MuddyWaters
02-27-2017, 19:27
If only you could focus it properly holding it on end of stick to take pictures..
And need to use remote, because self timer focuses when button is pressed

More trouble than worth

Hold arm out

KDogg
02-27-2017, 23:31
People use them for video quite often. I saw plenty of them during my thru.

Rain Man
02-28-2017, 10:09
If only you could focus it properly holding it on end of stick to take pictures... And need to use remote, because self timer focuses when button is pressed.

I disagree. I do it all the time, usually for a group photo. Attach camera on Stickpic to hiking pole. Turn pole around. Look through/at camera at the group. Set timer for 10 seconds. Press the button. Then leisurely reverse the pole, get into the group, and watch for the flashing light as it counts down. For my purposes, no problem and the focus is perfectly fine.

I have one of the camera mount StickPics and it works great, but I agree, not so sure about a cell phone. FWIW, the camera mount is very stable.

I disagree. I've had a camera and Stickpic fall off the end of my hiking pole (might have been a tiny bit muddy?) onto a rock and bent the uber-thin aluminum lens tube. Ruined the camera. UGH. After that (and buying a new camera), I make sure there's a cord attached and wrapped around the end of the hiking pole.