PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Syrup Recipe

zelph
02-27-2017, 20:39
Not affiliated with this company ;)

Directions

Boil the sugar and water together for about 5 minutes.
Pour over the ground coffee.
Let stand until cool; strain.
Refrigerate syrup in a sealed container.
**This syrup can be used in making a milk shake, milk nog, and other milk beverages where coffee flavor is desired.

Coffee Syrup Recipe - Food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/coffee-syrup-24775)www.food.com/recipe/coffee-syrup-24775

ScareBear
02-27-2017, 21:02
Not affiliated with this company ;)

Directions

Boil the sugar and water together for about 5 minutes.
Pour over the ground coffee.
Let stand until cool; strain.
Refrigerate syrup in a sealed container.
**This syrup can be used in making a milk shake, milk nog, and other milk beverages where coffee flavor is desired.

Coffee Syrup Recipe - Food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/coffee-syrup-24775)

www.food.com/recipe/coffee-syrup-24775

According to the recipe, the ratio is 1 cup ground coffee to 3 cups water. This is 1/2 the water you would use to make regular coffee....which....sounds fine to me!!! ENERGIZE, MR. SCOTT!!

:dance

Smithereens
02-28-2017, 00:42
Yep, if it doesn't stain the cup, it's too weak!

But I'll pass on the sugar.

According to the recipe, the ratio is 1 cup ground coffee to 3 cups water. This is 1/2 the water you would use to make regular coffee....which....sounds fine to me!!! ENERGIZE, MR. SCOTT!!

:dance

zelph
02-28-2017, 09:06
Wonder if honey can be a substitute carrier/preserver:-?

ScareBear
02-28-2017, 09:10
Stevia....just sayin!

zelph
02-28-2017, 13:35
Ok, take the best-est of the instant coffees and mix it into the honey and then pour over morning oatmeal. gotta have the carbs, fiber and
picker-upper:D

BillyGr
02-28-2017, 14:30
If you prefer a coffee syrup, they are available (usually where one would find chocolate syrup in the store) - at least in this part of the US (not sure if that is due to proximity to Rhode Island where coffee milk (like chocolate milk, just coffee flavored) is a popular item). No refrigeration required even when opened (the same brand - Eclipse - does suggest such refrigeration on their Vanilla syrup).
Never tried adding it to hot water to make an actual coffee, but it seems possible.