PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used these?

TTT
02-27-2017, 22:28
Ordered some new toys that aren't mainstream while on a shopping spree :) Unsure if I bought them in a moment of wisdom or not. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Sorel falcon ridge shale shoes
Hydrapak softflask 500ml
Hydrapak speed cup
Nalgene cantene soft red / loop-top 2.9 liters
Saxx Underwear quest 2.0 long leg

ScareBear
02-27-2017, 22:32
No idea about three of the four, but I'll take that Nalgene canteen off your hands if you don't want it...

TTT
02-27-2017, 22:47
Now I can sleep peacefully tonight...

saltysack
02-27-2017, 23:05
Remember less is better before you go on a gear buying spree....I always leave rei empty handed on purpose....impulse gear buying is never a good idea....my $.02....more crap to carry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTT
02-27-2017, 23:14
The shoes are 10oz and look comfortable for use inside a tent and out. Both Hydrapaks can fit into a cigarette box and seem to have been made with runners in mind. The Nalgene has a finger loop which appeals to me. I'm lazy. The underwear is long for warmth and friction reduction on my thighs. It also looks cool if strip searched at customs. That's the theory.

TTT
02-27-2017, 23:26
I agree saltysack. I try to keep in mind the weight of a 2L coke bottle if forced to carry it over a distance. It feels like a ton. I haven't weighed my stuff but visually it comes across as doable and maybe around the 18 pound mark. I also have a pile of bad purchases that weigh a few pounds.

saltysack
02-27-2017, 23:54
The shoes are 10oz and look comfortable for use inside a tent and out. Both Hydrapaks can fit into a cigarette box and seem to have been made with runners in mind. The Nalgene has a finger loop which appeals to me. I'm lazy. The underwear is long for warmth and friction reduction on my thighs. It also looks cool if strip searched at customs. That's the theory.

Those look like slippers and personally wouldn't take as I don't bother with camp shoes....why you need shoes in your tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTT
02-28-2017, 00:10
I saw them as replacing crocks which hold little appeal for me. These slipper things look warm, easy to put on and comfortable if I need to wander outside the tent at night.