PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Samsung S7 for multi day trips

devoidapop
02-28-2017, 15:05
If you have a Samsung S7, what do you do with your settings to optimize battery life?

If your answer is "get an iPhone" or "leave it in the car", I've heard those already.

CalebJ
02-28-2017, 15:11
I used mine on a 3 day trip to the GSMNP a couple of weeks ago and had it in airplane mode. With minimal screen on time (basically just to take pictures) I was still close to 60% when we got back to the car.

steve_zavocki
02-28-2017, 15:25
I have one too, great phone but it sure does run through the battery. I bought an Anker to charge it. My wife would prefer being able to get a hold of me, which airplane mode would prevent.

CoolBobby
02-28-2017, 15:41
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170228/a39c4eb9ed1c54a1bdbefa368edc781c.jpg
Ultra power saving mode works great. When it's fully charged i get about 10 days with use. Not airplane mode.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

devoidapop
02-28-2017, 16:36
I have one too, great phone but it sure does run through the battery. I bought an Anker to charge it. My wife would prefer being able to get a hold of me, which airplane mode would prevent.

I'm in the same boat. My wife and kids like to get updates when I get a signal and I'll never know I have one if it's in airplane mode.

Ultra power save is a good option, but you can't use the camera.

I was thinking about force stopping FB and turning it back on when I get home.

Wyoming
02-28-2017, 23:44
I love the S7

I have used it on the AZT and PCT. It has excellent battery life as far as I am concerned. I carry a spare charging battery of 6000 mah. I have gotten as many as 5 days out of the phone battery alone.

I leave the phone in airplane mode all the time as the Guthook apps and the GPS work in airplane mode. That is my primary use for the phone. I also keep a journal on it. About once a day if I have a signal I text my wife for a few minutes. I don't call people at all. But then I don't call people with it when I am home either. I am not interested in talking on the phone and never have been.

I also carry a Spot gen 3 and my wife and kids can see where I am at on the computer. It also sends "OK" messages when I choose and has 1 other button for a specific coded message as well. So between the two we are good to go.