PDA

View Full Version : Trail Magic in central Virginia

gds99
03-06-2017, 11:57
Here is an offer of trail magic for the thru-hiker class of 2017.

I have a 2nd home in Amherst Co. VA close to where the AT crosses route 60 at the Long Mountain Wayside. (This is between the Brown Mt Creek shelter and the Cow Camp Gap shelter.) I'm not usually in the house when thru-hikers come through, but I will be this year due to an academic sabbatical. It would be easy for me to pick people up at the Long Mt Wayside and bring them over for a hot meal, shower, and laundry. We also pass a little country store.

I could have you back on the trail in plenty of time to make Cow Camp Gap shelter that evening.

I prefer to do this for couples. And we need to set it up in advance, so I know who you are and vice versa, and so we can arrange the pickup.

(Explanation: I had to scrap my plan to hike the Virginia AT one day, due to a knee injury. So I like the idea of at least helping out some hikers as they come thru.)

That's the offer! Contact me via private message if you think this would make a real difference to your hike.

Praha4
03-06-2017, 23:57
really nice offer
but I wonder how many thru hikers will see this here on WB

maybe think about posting some kind of sign along the trail with your phone # and details...?

llittle_llama
03-21-2017, 02:59
maybe think about posting some kind of sign along the trail with your phone # and details...?
That is about the worst idea I have ever heard... please don't do that lol