PDA

View Full Version : All Day Breakfast on Rocky Bald March 25 and 26

Gray Blazer
01-24-2006, 15:20
The cat is out of the bag. I was going to surprise some thrubees by cooking ham and eggs and potatos AT Rocky Bald in the Nantahalas all day Saturday and Sunday March 25 and 26. I didn't want to spoil anybody's thru hike so that's why I picked that spot. A lot of hikers miss that turnoff toward that scenic semi-remote spot. I thought it was secluded enough to not be in the way but close enough that anybody who could smell the eggs could turn off and join us. I was going to park near Tellico Gap but away from the trail so as not to have it seem civilized too much. Any hikers who would be in need of assistance, I would offer a shuttle a couple of times those days. I don't want the AT to be overcrowded with Trail Angels, but, since I go up there often I decided to make a party of it. Please join me anyone who is interested. I will be serving vegetarians, also. Fruit and snacks. I hope to meet a lot of you there and I truly hope I don't ruin your trail experience. For you thru hikers, Rocky Bald is a great place to camp and the old AT runs right over the top. No water supply. Peace and Love, JJ

Gray Blazer
01-24-2006, 15:46
Any one can join us. You don't have to be a thrubee.

Lone Wolf
01-24-2006, 15:51
Any one can join us. You don't have to be a thrubee.
That's cool cuz I've come upon feeds for "thru-hikers" only and was thru-hiking and refused food and kept going.

Gray Blazer
01-24-2006, 15:53
LW, of all the people at WB, I hope you'll be there.

Gray Blazer
01-25-2006, 12:59
Sorry I keep answering my own thread but I want to keep it out there one more day.I thought I would get more feedback ( or AT least jumped on for wrecking the total Mother Nature experience). I am seriously going ahead with this and want you all to drop by either to RnR or help out. If I wasn't doing this I would be out on the trail trying to notch another 30 miles or so. Because I am recovering from knee surgery, it's better for me to camp out in one place for 2 or 3 days. q;<)>
If you're tired of seeing this, don't answer and I'll let it disappear. q:<(>

Smile
01-26-2006, 06:02
The cat is out of the bag. I was going to surprise some thrubees by cooking ham and eggs and potatos AT Rocky Bald in the Nantahalas all day Saturday and Sunday March 25 and 26. I didn't want to spoil anybody's thru hike so that's why I picked that spot. A lot of hikers miss that turnoff toward that scenic semi-remote spot. I thought it was secluded enough to not be in the way but close enough that anybody who could smell the eggs could turn off and join us.
\
Where exactly is this turn off?

Big Dawg
01-26-2006, 10:07
GREAT spirit, Bear Bait II. Wish I could be there. Hope it turns out well! Enjoy!!! :sun

Gray Blazer
01-26-2006, 10:29
I can't find my trail guide. You go south from Tellico gap approx 1.5 miles, 1100 foot elevation gain, just at the end of the new relocation on the left is the turnout and old AT up to top of Rocky Bald. It is north of the Cold Springs Shelter not too far on the right.