PDA

View Full Version : Woman attacked near Neels Gap?

TNhiker
03-07-2017, 19:33
Anyone hear anything about a woman getting attacked on the AT near neels gap?

saw a posting of FB but it didn't have any details...

and I'm looking for details...

thanks....

Greenlight
03-07-2017, 21:27
I've only seen second hand info in the FB @hikers group. Said she fought him off, he's at large, and had a green pack cover. Really vague.

Anyone hear anything about a woman getting attacked on the AT near neels gap?

saw a posting of FB but it didn't have any details...

and I'm looking for details...

thanks....

TNhiker
03-07-2017, 22:02
Said she fought him off, he's at large, and had a green pack cover. Really vague.

yeah...

thats what i saw as well and i want more details than this.........

JC13
03-07-2017, 22:05
Said 2-3 days north of Neel gap, so that could be Unicoi or even Dick's Creek depending on hiking speed.

ernie84
03-07-2017, 22:10
Anyone have a link to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggymane
03-08-2017, 09:11
Anyone have a link to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all over any and all facebook AT and hiking groups..you couldn't miss it if you wanted to.

That said- there wasn't even a police report filed or a complaint filed with the ATC..very vague, no details, no nothing. Take that for what it's worth..

Uncle Joe
03-08-2017, 09:27
FB can be very strange about dolling out things. I'm in several hiking groups and haven't seen this on my page.

dcdennis
03-08-2017, 09:44
It's all over any and all facebook AT and hiking groups..you couldn't miss it if you wanted to.

That said- there wasn't even a police report filed or a complaint filed with the ATC..very vague, no details, no nothing. Take that for what it's worth..

I am in 7 or 8 Hiking FB groups specific to the AT, including the main AT Section Hikers group, and have seen nothing.

Francis Sawyer
03-08-2017, 09:45
If a woman was assaulted I hope she is ok and I hope her assailant get his kneecaps broken .That being said getting your news from Facebook is the same as getting healthcare from a Sunoco station.

Longboysfan
03-08-2017, 11:27
If a woman was assaulted I hope she is ok and I hope her assailant get his kneecaps broken .That being said getting your news from Facebook is the same as getting healthcare from a Sunoco station.

At the least made to walk the entire AT without any boots and a 50 lb pack. :mad:

Jack wagon.

o hiker guy
03-08-2017, 13:10
If you look at the date on the text message you will see it was April 2016.

eggymane
03-08-2017, 13:13
I am in 7 or 8 Hiking FB groups specific to the AT, including the main AT Section Hikers group, and have seen nothing.

I've seen it in the 2017 class page. IMO it should have been deleted straight away..there is no substantial evidence of it having been done, she remembered the guy having a green pack, the person who posted it claimed to be her friend, and most importantly she said no police report was filed. Chalks up to simple drama in my opinion.

TNhiker
03-08-2017, 13:53
I've seen it in the 2017 class page. IMO it should have been deleted straight away..there is no substantial evidence of it having been done, she remembered the guy having a green pack, the person who posted it claimed to be her friend, and most importantly she said no police report was filed. Chalks up to simple drama in my opinion.

yeah...

thats how im interpreting it......

Sarcasm the elf
03-08-2017, 15:09
This is the screenshot about it that I saw re-posted on FB

eggymane
03-08-2017, 15:45
The original Facebook poster has since deleted the original post..that ends the saga.