PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Hot Springs, NC

whitters
03-10-2017, 18:52
Hey there, wondering if there is a good way to get from Hot Springs NC to an airport, train, or bus system? I'm assuming Asheville would be the closest relevant town with those services?

map man
03-10-2017, 19:34
Bluff Mountain Outfitters in Hot Springs does shuttles and if I remember correctly has set prices listed on their website for shuttles to various transportation hubs like area airports.

Edit: I just checked their website and it has changed since I last perused it and I don't find set prices. However, they do mention right on their home page three different airports they do shuttles to (Asheville, Knoxville, Tri Cities), so it's just a matter of giving them a call to get a price.

Mr. Bumpy
03-10-2017, 21:13
Asheville is typical for access to Hot Springs, but on the Tennessee side you have Greenville, Erwin, and Johnson City. The Tri-Cities airport has less connector service than Asheville, but it is an option for that area. When Tri-Cities works out, its pricing is typically in line with Asheville.

Yukon Ron
03-11-2017, 17:55
As a section hiker I've shuttled with Harry with Asheville Airport Shuttle. He's a former thru-hiker, is reliable, and reasonably priced. I'll probably be shuttling with him in May for the third time. His webpage shows $95 between Hot Springs and the airport. He also has a Facebook page, too. http://www.ashevilleairportshuttle.com/