PDA

View Full Version : March Trowel Madness Time is Now!

QiWiz
03-18-2017, 09:28
I know that some of you use boot heels and sticks and rocks to dig your excuses for real catholes, but others want a really good digging tool to make the chore a pleasure. :D

I’ve finally gotten enough ahead of demand (with the help of Footloose, who is sharing the work of trowel construction with me) that I can bring back – drum roll please – March Trowel Madness!
You can get more than 10% off any size trowel until a national champion is crowned on April 3rd.

To access the MADNESS, just go to http://qiwiz.net/TrowelMADNESS.html
and GO CRAZY! :banana

Can you dig it?

FeistyNZChick
03-18-2017, 09:38
I bought one of the little trowels and works really well - even in hard, dry Australian ground! Makes quick work of a cathole exactly when you need it...highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QiWiz
03-27-2017, 09:18
I bought one of the little trowels and works really well - even in hard, dry Australian ground! Makes quick work of a cathole exactly when you need it...highly recommend

Thanks Feisty for the trowel love from down under. The MADNESS includes international orders, though the extra shipping is unfortunately not discounted.

Stone1984
03-27-2017, 09:46
How are the handles on these things? They look like they would cut your hand when digging in the rain or if your hands are just soaked from the typical dampness.

rocketsocks
03-27-2017, 12:14
QiWiz, do you make titanium snow stakes? Just curious. And if so what might they cost?

RangerZ
03-27-2017, 14:00
QiWiz, do you make titanium snow stakes? Just curious. And if so what might they cost?

Cross over to other thread. 5 points.

QiWiz
03-29-2017, 11:46

I don't, but I could, using trowel blanks. They would be expensive, unfortunately. I use crossed sticks in the snow to provide something for my regular skewer stakes to pull/push against. Works well for me.

rocketsocks
03-29-2017, 12:06
Cross over to other thread. 5 points.Yahtzee!:D

FeistyNZChick
03-29-2017, 12:39
How are the handles on these things? They look like they would cut your hand when digging in the rain or if your hands are just soaked from the typical dampness.

Agree, but looks are deceiving, the yellow part of the handle is like a soft rubber - I was really surprised as I expected to be kind of cutting my hand - but nope not at all

Stone1984
03-29-2017, 12:41
Agree, but looks are deceiving, the yellow part of the handle is like a soft rubber - I was really surprised as I expected to be kind of cutting my hand - but nope not at all

thanks
I like the weight of this for sure

RangerZ
03-29-2017, 21:36

Im not criticizing the product, it works. The handle isn't soft rubber but dipped in that tool coating material. I slit a piece of 12 gage wire insulation and taped it over the edge. Cant leave good enough alone.

Siestita
03-29-2017, 23:53
This post was an accidental duplicate.

Siestita
03-30-2017, 00:17
I use my "Big Dig" sized trowel from QiWiz "as is", without any special insulation added. It does not cut my hand, but slices through roots well. Regardless of the tool used, in rocky southeastern forests I find it easiest to dig either in small depressions, where leaves have collected and composted over the years, or below rotted out logs.

Here in Kentucky "March Madness" is not a positive selling point any longer this season.

But even last year, buying that trowel was painful. It forced me to forsake a vow that I had made to never purchase anything made of the market hyped miracle material. titanium. My aluminum discount store grease pot conducts heat better than do pricey titanium (actually titanium/aluminum alloy) ones of comparable weight. Meanwhile, my Lexan plastic spoon works just as well as a heavier titanium one would. So, I"m glad titanium has at least one good outdoor use. Thanks to the wonder trowel I am now at least slightly yuppified.

QiWiz
03-30-2017, 14:32

Looks are deceiving, the yellow part of the handle is like a soft rubber - I was really surprised as I expected to be kind of cutting my hand - but nope not at all

The yellow handle coating is mostly to make it harder to lose in the leaves, but it also does add padding to the handle end. You can add some additional sports tape, duct tape, or other padding to the handle end if you want even more digging comfort. Some like to do that; many find they are good without it. YMMV.

Trillium
03-31-2017, 12:26
Thanks QiWiz. I've been eyeing your trowels for a number of years but you tipped the scale with the March Madness offer. My passion is college basketball. Went to the 2000 National Championship; was in the 2nd row from the top but I was able to witness my Spartans win in person! Went to the 2005 Final Four and lost to those cheating non-students. Went to both the 2009 Final Four and National Championship and once again lost in the final to those cheating non-students.

Anyway, ordered my trowel. Looking forward to using it on my hike out from the Flip Flop Festival. :)

rocketsocks
03-31-2017, 12:30
I don't, but I could, using trowel blanks. They would be expensive, unfortunately. I use crossed sticks in the snow to provide something for my regular skewer stakes to pull/push against. Works well for me.seems many use snow stakes, that's why I ask...maybe grab some of that market.

Sandy of PA
03-31-2017, 16:20
Snow stakes weigh MORE than the Digs, it matters to real gram weenies!

Trillium
04-02-2017, 13:57
just wanted to give this a bump for anyone who hadn't noticed this. about 30-32 more hrs before this deal ends.

Received a nice email from QiWiz explaining when he will ship and confirming that I will have the trowel very shortly which will be in plenty of time for my hike later this month. Thanks QiWiz!

jgillam
04-03-2017, 15:06
I just ordered my big dig. I had problems between the provided link and PayPal so I went directly to their website, paid full price, emailed the business to get the promo price. In less than two minutes he had responded and refunded the difference. That's how a business should run!

jrwiesz
04-03-2017, 23:07
I just ordered my big dig. I had problems between the provided link and PayPal so I went directly to their website, paid full price, emailed the business to get the promo price. In less than two minutes he had responded and refunded the difference. That's how a business should run!

I just had the same difficulties; I had to pay full price.
I'll check in the morning.

QiWiz
04-06-2017, 10:19
I just had the same difficulties; I had to pay full price.
I'll check in the morning.

Hi James - you paid the sale price, $26, for an Original trowel. You were confused about what the price should have been because the sale web page had the discounted prices already listed. Just don't want folks to think I'm not doing what I said I would.

jrwiesz
04-06-2017, 11:59
Hi James - you paid the sale price, $26, for an Original trowel. You were confused about what the price should have been because the sale web page had the discounted prices already listed. Just don't want folks to think I'm not doing what I said I would.

My mistake:eek:; I didn't realize original price had already been discounted.

Awaiting the trowel; checking out the "stick" stoves.:-?

jgillam
04-07-2017, 08:24
I got my trowel yesterday and immediately dug a hole in the yard and.....…just kidding[emoji12]

I did get it and it is really nicely made, comfortable in hand and quite sturdy.