PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be on sections 9, 10, &11 next week?

dhagan
03-21-2017, 15:09
Three of us are headed north next week from fs500. Anybody else going to be out there?

swisscross
03-21-2017, 16:57
Was planning on doing section 11 but knowing you will be out I might defer. ha!
What are your dates?
Have not decided mine yet.

dhagan
03-23-2017, 11:14
Looks like Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. So, I need you to meet me at the bottom of the mountain, headed north, on Wed morning. Im gonna need some help with my pack, and since you'll be fresh...works out great!

swisscross
03-23-2017, 13:37
Looks like Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. So, I need you to meet me at the bottom of the mountain, headed north, on Wed morning. Im gonna need some help with my pack, and since you'll be fresh...works out great!

I would take you up on the offer but my hiking partner (10 year old daughter) fell off a 6 ft tall retaining wall a couple of days ago.
She did not break anything but scratched herself up badly trying to catch herself.

excuses
03-23-2017, 22:31
Mar 3-5 I did Sections 10, 11 and 12. Only saw 8 people the whole weekend on the trail. This trip was a north to south. Section 11 is dry and has lots of downed trees on the south end. It was an enjoyable solo hike. Am planning Sections 8 and 9 mid April.

Matt65
03-24-2017, 13:55
Ran from Coleman Lake almost to Pine Glenn and back this morning. Trail looked good other than the Turkey Hunter seated on the trail with his scatter gun (orange not required).

There was about a mile that was still smouldering from a controlled burn around the Shoal Creek Church. Very little smoke.

dhagan
04-04-2017, 14:01
I would take you up on the offer but my hiking partner (10 year old daughter) fell off a 6 ft tall retaining wall a couple of days ago.
She did not break anything but scratched herself up badly trying to catch herself.

Sorry to hear that. Trip was great...except for Dugger Mtn

dhagan
04-04-2017, 14:03
Mar 3-5 I did Sections 10, 11 and 12. Only saw 8 people the whole weekend on the trail. This trip was a north to south. Section 11 is dry and has lots of downed trees on the south end. It was an enjoyable solo hike. Am planning Sections 8 and 9 mid April.

11 had water, before you go up the mtn. There were probably 4 different places to get water. Now...it wasnt a lot of water, but flowing. Seasonal I guess youd say...

dhagan
04-04-2017, 14:06

We did 4 days. Saw 2 kayakers on the lake next to choccolocca shelter, and 2 day hikers on top of Dugger. Oh...and one guy at the Church. I dont count Pine Glenn campground.