PDA

View Full Version : Zpacks is on point.

fastfoxengineering
03-23-2017, 18:34
Ordered a hexamid solo tarp this morning. Got a shipping confirmation this afternoon.

Times have changed.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

left52side
03-23-2017, 18:36
Ordered a hexamid solo tarp this morning. Got a shipping confirmation this afternoon.

Times have changed.

Yeah they have really stepped up there shipping times.
Great company.
Love my hexamid

Cheyou
03-23-2017, 18:55
Yeah they have really stepped up there shipping times.
Great company.
Love my hexamid

Yes I like mine . 11.4 oz with stakes and polycro. Great size ,very livable.

Thom

JC13
03-23-2017, 19:24
That's what happens when you drop custom items generally.

fastfoxengineering
03-23-2017, 19:57
Seems to be a better business decision to me. If they're making greater profits and increasing production, I don't think zpacks minds giving custom work to the other cottage manufacturers. It is after all, a business. And they are still a great company to deal with

sethd513
03-23-2017, 21:40
I love my duplex but it came through with a huge blemish. They did correct it. But was told the week the zero went in for a rework to wait 3 weeks and it will be out. Then it was march. Now 8 weeks later I got an email from joe after I asked again that the launch of their new rain gear had taken up there time and would make a new bag today and yesterday. There was no rain jacket in the clothing link when I looked. Just pants mitts and gaiters. Idk it's zPACKs I'd assume the bags come first. Gotta put all the other stuff they make into something. I'm not complaining it pushed me to order a custom event/Cuban bivy and a 40l gg rukus and if everything works out it will be tight but for the same weight and less $$ I was able to get multiple items. I will always have zpacks gear as long as they are making it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sethd513
03-23-2017, 21:42
I should add though the coat is up now and looks pretty slick

MuddyWaters
03-23-2017, 21:57
They have always shipped fast when items are in stock.

Joe often has some returns on hand to offer instead if need something fast during busy times. But you got to ask...

left52side
03-23-2017, 22:04
I love my duplex but it came through with a huge blemish. They did correct it. But was told the week the zero went in for a rework to wait 3 weeks and it will be out. Then it was march. Now 8 weeks later I got an email from joe after I asked again that the launch of their new rain gear had taken up there time and would make a new bag today and yesterday. There was no rain jacket in the clothing link when I looked. Just pants mitts and gaiters. Idk it's zPACKs I'd assume the bags come first. Gotta put all the other stuff they make into something. I'm not complaining it pushed me to order a custom event/Cuban bivy and a 40l gg rukus and if everything works out it will be tight but for the same weight and less $$ I was able to get multiple items. I will always have zpacks gear as long as they are making it.

I am waiting on the new zeros to come out to ...
I seen the new rain gear and they do look nice just hard to pull the 300.00 trigger when my monbell versalite is still going strong and the same weight,or even A frogg toggs jacket I have that is lighter.

MuddyWaters
03-23-2017, 22:17
I am waiting on the new zeros to come out to ...
I seen the new rain gear and they do look nice just hard to pull the 300.00 trigger when my monbell versalite is still going strong and the same weight,or even A frogg toggs jacket I have that is lighter.

The hiker cut and excellent hood design were the strong points in my challenger . Of course, without dwr on outside..it dont stay breatheable. And the great hood isnt so great when its been scrunched up in a pack for a week. Maybe new fabric is better.

JC13
03-24-2017, 09:28
Seems to be a better business decision to me. If they're making greater profits and increasing production, I don't think zpacks minds giving custom work to the other cottage manufacturers. It is after all, a business. And they are still a great company to deal with

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TapatalkWas not saying it was a bad move at all. No custom means it is easy to build stock since it is all using the exact same patterns and such. Definitely enjoying the one piece I have from them so far.

The Kisco Kid
03-24-2017, 10:09
ZPacks is great. If they really want to professionalize their operation they should add a phone line for customers. Not having one is self-serving. Back and forth emails exchanges are tiresome

saltysack
03-24-2017, 10:25
ZPacks is great. If they really want to professionalize their operation they should add a phone line for customers. Not having one is self-serving. Back and forth emails exchanges are tiresome

+1....another plus for MLD...you can actually talk with Ron. I hate trying to incorporate details etc into an email only...

JC13
03-24-2017, 13:18
See, that is where I differ, I hate talking on the phone for pretty much any reason. I prefer email, text or face-to-face. I'm weird I guess.

JC13
03-24-2017, 13:22
Actually, I painted that too broad. I hate talking to people I don't know on the phone.

cmoulder
03-25-2017, 07:04
One advantage to emails is that they immediately produce a written record. Not so good for bouncing ideas and suggestions around, although this is very time-consuming when on the phone.

Zpacks is certainly getting product out the door much faster than previously... Not long after the Arc Haul was introduced it took about 10 weeks lead time for mine. However that was no problem because I wanted it for winter and ordered it in late July and got it in October. Naturally, we had an extremely mild winter that year, lol.:o