PDA

View Full Version : MerleFest at Wilkesboro

squirrel bait
01-26-2006, 09:05
Have any WB'ers stayed at any of the campsites located near the MerleFest? Their website lists:
Rivers Edge
YMCA
VFW
Wilkesboro Fire Department
Moravian Falls
Raccoon Holler
Warriors Creek
Fort Hamby
Bandits Roost
and Dancin' Dave which seems to be a slackpackers camping thingee.
Thanks

Tha Wookie
01-26-2006, 09:09
Have any WB'ers stayed at any of the campsites located near the MerleFest? Their website lists:
Rivers Edge
YMCA
VFW
Wilkesboro Fire Department
Moravian Falls
Raccoon Holler
Warriors Creek
Fort Hamby
Bandits Roost
and Dancin' Dave which seems to be a slackpackers camping thingee.
Thanks

I stay at the Creekside camp across from the airstrip.

91 days till pickin' time!!!

squirrel bait
01-26-2006, 10:00
What's the cost for this campground? Four day pass? Daily? Any showers? Any information/link is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Lone Wolf
01-26-2006, 10:22
www.merlefest.org

Lone Wolf
01-26-2006, 10:26
Another great festival... www.smilefest.com

The Solemates
01-26-2006, 13:02
wish i could go to merlefest this year, but i have another conference for work the same weekend :mad:

squirrel bait
01-26-2006, 13:13
Thanks LW I have that Merlefest site.

Tha Wookie
01-26-2006, 20:26
What's the cost for this campground? Four day pass? Daily? Any showers? Any information/link is greatly appreciated, thanks.

$50 for the week (four days). There are port-a-showers.

Hint: There are showers in the builing behind hillside stage (don't tell everybody!)

You buy a pass for the campground at the turn off. No reservations. You can go ealier in the week, though and rope off you area. You can camp with us, but I will warn you -we stay up late drinking creekwater and picking till the sun comes up about every night.:D

Anyone who want to come join us, we have about ten hikers that camp together from various years of the AT.

Belew
01-27-2006, 20:16
Is Creekside a 4 day only pass? I'd like to come by and play a while but do I need a 4 day pass to get into camp? I'm thinking about Friday only right now.
Wolf wrote about smilefest.com They don't have a schedule up yet but I can tell you it will be great. Check it out.