PDA

View Full Version : How much longer?

Old Hiker
04-06-2017, 06:45
So, a line of t-storms is rolling through the Tampa Bay area. The lightning was flashing through my bathroom window, through the partially open door and into the bedroom at or about 0400.

I woke up from an intensely deep sleep, got up and started to check my tent stakes, just in case. My wife had to wake me up and get me back to bed. Laughing the whole time, I might add. This is NOT the first time it's happened, by the way.

Anyone else have this phenommm, fenomm, phennaommm..........thing happen? It's been 6 months since I finished my thru, 13 months since I started.

left52side
04-06-2017, 07:22
The same storms went thru here A bit ago as well,just north of ya.
And yes during strong storms I tend to wake up checking for puddles,doesnt help I live in A very small tiny home and with gust of wind it tends to shake...

togo
04-06-2017, 07:48
Nature...and the extremes of nature...call us out to realize the wonders from time to time.
Watching the weather roll across Georgia yesterday was moving...waiting to see where it would go.

Just like the mountains calling us out to experience the nature that is there.....and make us seek that fascination more.

TX Aggie
04-06-2017, 07:54
So, a line of t-storms is rolling through the Tampa Bay area. The lightning was flashing through my bathroom window, through the partially open door and into the bedroom at or about 0400.

I woke up from an intensely deep sleep, got up and started to check my tent stakes, just in case. My wife had to wake me up and get me back to bed. Laughing the whole time, I might add. This is NOT the first time it's happened, by the way.

Anyone else have this phenommm, fenomm, phennaommm..........thing happen? It's been 6 months since I finished my thru, 13 months since I started.

It's a good thing your wife was looking it for you. It sounds like you forgot to put on your rain jacket before checking the stake at the foot of your bed.

It's all good, I had similar experiences after returning from the desert. Although, I wasn't exactly checking for tent stakes when I heard thunder.

show me the monkey
04-12-2017, 15:19

I can empathize. After my first thru-hike I woke up to go to the bathroom and realized just in time that I wasn't standing next to a tree, but my bathroom closet.
I've had a few other hiking related sleep-walking incidents too that involved peanut butter and Ramen...

rocketsocks
04-12-2017, 23:45
I still put a pee bottle on the night stand.