PDA

View Full Version : Call me Ishmael

kestral
04-06-2017, 13:07
Just wanted to share in case anyone isn't on to this yet. I love it!

get a library card from your local library, free and a great resource in your community, usually just need ID (or have your son get one in a large city with more resources and give you access- best birthday gift ever :rolleyes: )

get "overdrive" app from App Store onto your phone ( I have an I phone)
follow app install and enter library name and library card number . (Save both in contact file as app will occasionally make you re- enter both) and you have access to free audiobooks and music and books and videos :)

just did did a search on my Orange County library card and returned 20,203 MP3 book choices.

I never get bored while hiking , but if monotony starts to set in I have a great back up with a book. I listen off my I phone in airplane mode to save battery life. Haven't attempted to load to stand alone MP3 player because I don't have one. You need to choose and down load from a good wifi spot. My library allows 20 books at a time (way more than I need) for 3 weeks and then automatic return. (No forgotten returns with late fees). Also great for the long ride to and from the trail.

Anyway, i just love this app and listening to my old favorites and new stuff too.

And yes, I did listen to "a walk in the woods" while walking in the woods. Lol

jimmyjam
04-06-2017, 17:56
Thanks for passing that along.

ChuckT
04-07-2017, 11:27
Worth a try, for certain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Uncle Joe
04-07-2017, 11:50
Cool! And Hi, Ishmael!

ggreaves
04-07-2017, 11:59
Thanks for the info and if I see Ishmael, I'll tell him to call.

ranger2012
04-07-2017, 12:14
If you are a resident of Pennsylvania you can get an account with the free library of Philadelphia online for, well, um... Free...

http://www.freelibrary.org/

Dogwood
04-07-2017, 14:26
Is Ishmael related to Siri?