PDA

View Full Version : people ask me all the time...

jefals
04-07-2017, 13:23
George, what do I do with my idea for a new product? I tell them, "Call my friends at InventHelp"! ?
How 'bout this...
Thin, lightweight piece of fabric that snaps or "velcros" to the inside part of the tent. So you could get that up in the rain, then put the fly on, then unsnap it...
Hey, if you like this idea, then call my friends at InventHelp!

rocketsocks
04-07-2017, 13:45
I guess I'm missin' somthin'
why not just pitch the fly?

ggreaves
04-07-2017, 13:57

Or just bring along a George Foreman grill and hang it from the ceiling of your tent. The water just runs off!!
Here's a shot after a particularly severe thunderstorm...

Franco
04-07-2017, 19:00
There are many tents that have an integral pitch (fly and inner go up together)
If you like you can also erect them fly only and then attach the inner once you are inside.
All double wall Tarptents are like that, Hilleberg too...
The problem with the Velcro idea is that condensation will seep right on the inner and would be increased by the lack of a gap (for air flow) between the inner and the fly.
franco@tarptent

jefals
04-07-2017, 19:55
With my tent, the poles snap into the feet of the inside part....but, you're giving me another idea; maybe I could tie the fly to trees and use it as a shelter to work under...

jefals
04-07-2017, 20:02
There are many tents that have an integral pitch (fly and inner go up together)
If you like you can also erect them fly only and then attach the inner once you are inside.
All double wall Tarptents are like that, Hilleberg too...
The problem with the Velcro idea is that condensation will seep right on the inner and would be increased by the lack of a gap (for air flow) between the inner and the fly.
franco@tarptent
Mine isn't like that, tho. You have to put the inside part up, because the poles snap into feet on that part
I don't think condensation is an issue because, once I unpack the tent and get it up, I unhook that plastic protective piece. So, it's only out there exposed for a few minutes...

Franco
04-08-2017, 00:34
with some inner first designs (the most common in the US...) you can put the fly up first by having the purpose made floorsheet or make one like that yourself.
like this :
but you need a freestanding tent for that.

daddytwosticks
04-08-2017, 09:36
That's why I love my msr hubba nx1. Since I use the factory footprint and the tent is freestanding, I can set it up and take it down without the inner getting wet when it's raining. ��