PDA

View Full Version : Black Diamond Distance Z Poles

Bubblehead
04-08-2017, 09:15
Hello,
I have a pair of Black Diamond Distance Z Poles that I used for my AT section last year from Springer to Pearisburg. They were awesome, no problems on the hike.
I'm hiking this year from Pearisburg to Wingdale, NY.
I live in Florida, and have stored my poles in my garage since last June...
I'm in the middle of my gear shakedown for my upcoming section hike. I took out the poles the other day to make sure everything was good, but I cannot raise the grip handle to lock them into place at 130 cm. I figured it was warm in my garage and the pole had possibly expanded making it hard to slide the grip handle to lock the pole into place, so last night I put the poles on my screened porch where it got down into the upper 40's this morning, figuring the poles would contract, allowing me to be able to slide the grip up.
The pole grip will still not budge....
Any advice on how to get the pole grip to slide up so I can lock them in place?
I have not called Black diamond yet....but will do if I can't get them to adjust. Thanks....

hikermiker
04-08-2017, 22:37
I had the same problem with mine . WD 40 used several times finally loosened them up.

saltysack
04-08-2017, 22:51
BD support has been great to me....I actually snapped a ultra distance carbon z pole on first trip with them....with my body weight of over 200 they recommended I go up the alpine carbon corks which they sent me free of charge....that's support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Bluebird
04-09-2017, 13:20
I snapped one of my poles last year in Cades Cove, Tn. I just had less than 12 months on them and REI replaced them. However, in the future I will purchase my poles through Lands End as they have life time guarantees on all purchases.

Good luck with your repair Bubblehead!

Bubblehead
04-10-2017, 13:21
Thanks hikermiker! Two days with WD-40 did the trick!