PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Service - Franklin, NC / Atlanta

Bschrock82
04-13-2017, 16:02
Hey all! I'm really excited to be starting my first section hike next week! I'm starting at the southern terminus and going as far as I can get in a week (hopefully Franklin, NC). I do have reservations there at a hotel, but I'm guessing I'll need a ride from the trail into town. I'll also need a ride the next day back down to Atlanta Airport to head home.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

TNhiker
04-13-2017, 16:14
contact ron haven.......

he's on this forum..........under his name........

and more than likely (or not) you're staying at one of his hotels....

TNhiker
04-13-2017, 16:15
oh.....but i dont think he will drive you back to ATL.....

that could potentially be a tough ride to get.....

might as the Hike Inn if they drive that far....

and that ride will be pricey...

Bschrock82
04-13-2017, 16:20
I emailed Ron and he is booked up the weekend I'm heading back. He gave me the number to Alpine, a "good shuttler". I haven't tried him yet, as I'm looking for a few options.

JPritch
04-13-2017, 17:52
Alpine is a good dude...I got a shuttle from him last week.
I recommend Donald: 772-321-0905 He shuttled me from Franklin to Amicolola and really looked out for us when we had to get off the trail one day.

As far as a ride from the trail into Franklin, Haven has a van that hits Winding Stair Gap 2x a day. You could also easily hitch a ride from 64 back into Franklin. Or ask someone at the trailhead parking lot. Folks down there are friendly, and if you do the trail right, the trail provides!

Longboysfan
04-19-2017, 13:30
If you're flying in - check out Atlanta rapid transit MARTA.
You take it for $3.00 each way. Red Line.
To the last stop and get picked up there.

Hiker Hostel runs a deal with that included for the pick up.

bigcranky
04-19-2017, 13:58
I don't know if they go to Atlanta, but we had a nice ride with Joyce of "Joyce and Sally", 706-896-9339, they are near Dick's Creek Gap.

Gambit McCrae
04-19-2017, 14:21
Check my signature for Ron Brown Number - First class shuttle service