PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville to Springer shuttle

loguon_theguy
04-14-2017, 10:23
I'm thinking about taking Amtrak to Gainesville, then getting a shuttle to Springer or Amicalola for a section hike this summer. Anybody have any estimates on the price for a shuttle from Gainesville to the trail?

skiBee
04-14-2017, 12:52
I am taking Amtrak in about 10 days for a 200 mile section hike starting in Springer. I just catnap on the train so I am going to stay at the Hiker Hostel for a night and then the trail.
You could spend $45 for the shuttle and $25 for a night at the hostel. I spent a little more and got the container cabin.

https://hikerhostel.com/lodging/shuttle-services/

Dogwood
04-14-2017, 14:04
Typically about $50 to either AF SP or the Springer Parking Lot. To the Parking Lot you have to retrace your distance to get at the Springer Mt Lean-to where the AT terminus plaque resides and back to the lot. It's not a long distance but retracing mileage on Day 1,,,uhh meh...for what? Get in a good waterfall, lots of wooden steps, some great routinely tested well water at AF SP Office(on the side of the building), weigh your kit which can be insightful noticing the difference between Day 1 and Day 60 and Day 120, publicly announce your decision/presence in the AF SP Hiker Log, and head out under the stone arch as so many before you. This fortifies accountability to your AT commitment and helps you to recall your development as a hiker.