PDA

View Full Version : odds of meeting someone from this site on your hike?

mweinstone
01-26-2006, 19:20
i say allmost zero but what i say and what ill bet on are two different things.ill probubly meet one of you.i pick,.............ummmmmmm........................ .............totempole99

Skidsteer
01-26-2006, 19:26
i say allmost zero but what i say and what ill bet on are two different things.ill probubly meet one of you.i pick,.............ummmmmmm........................ .............totempole99

Pretty good odds apparently. I met Mtntopthinker and Generoll on the same( overnight )hike. I had started the day with Almost There and Orangebug, but we had set that up in advance. Oh! and Dances with Mice gave us a ride!

snowhoe
01-26-2006, 19:30
You know I havent been on this site very long but I read some of the stuff people write and I hope I do get to meet quite a few of you.

totempole99
01-26-2006, 19:50

Sweet! He picked me, he picked me!
To save time for those of you who'll go back and see when each of us is leaving, I'll save you the trouble. mweinstone is leaving March 4th, totempole99 is leaving March 8th.

I say the odds are fairly decent of meeting someone from this site, but it'd be hard to know ya'll both are on here when you do meet that person.

Chef2000
01-26-2006, 19:55
Since my long hike in 2000 I have returned every year for anywhere from 50 to 200 mile section hikes. More than once I have met a current thru hiker for that year that recognized me from wb or tj.

MOWGLI
01-26-2006, 19:56
Giddy yup Weinstone Cowboy!

Kerosene
01-26-2006, 19:58
I've run across 3 WhiteBlaze members just on my section hikes. Last summer I ran across Flash Hand, Warren Doyle, and Knees in the space of 4 days as they were walking north around Pearisburg around Memorial Day.

Frosty
01-26-2006, 20:20
go back and see when each of us is leavingLast year there was a calendar of leaving dates, but I can't find it this year. Do we have one? If so, how can I see it?

totempole99
01-26-2006, 21:05
Last year there was a calendar of leaving dates, but I can't find it this year. Do we have one? If so, how can I see it?

Not exactly a calender, but dje97001 has put together a list with their user name, trail name, starting date, etc. Go to the Articles section, and at the very bottom left click Class of 2006.

Almost There
01-26-2006, 21:26
Well, right now I plan on hiking NOBO from Pearisburg to Harpers or further depending on time. Planning on starting first week of June, my guess is I'll see at least one of you out there. Although I may just decide to do the Long Trail instead, but with so much of the AT to do...
Anyways, my guess is I'll see some of you out there, as I have now hiked with Skidsteer and Orangebug. I met many of you at the SoRuck, and I have seen Generoll out on the trail. Oh yeah and that dude Lone Wolf gave me and OB a shuttle ride!

Almost There
01-26-2006, 21:26
Oh and I'm supposed to hike in a couple weeks with Dances with Mice and Minnesotasmith!

UCONNMike
01-26-2006, 21:30
Heck, I met Almost There...so those seem liek pretty good odds, i met someone on WB who is also in this post :) But Blake and I met a whole bunch of WB members, prob less than 25 but more than 15.

TJ aka Teej
01-26-2006, 21:37
You have a wicked good chance of meeting The Ferryman at the Kennebec, and Miss Janet in Erwin!

mweinstone
01-26-2006, 22:12
your inner you,our inner us,their ,.......themlyness and others not uslyness.not to mention the dozens and hundreds of meaningless meanys.and oh yeah,bigfoot.and the sun sets on another check mark on my calender.good eating to us all.matthewski blabs.

hikerjohnd
01-26-2006, 22:41
I didn't meet as many people as I thought I would. Although my first night last spring break I stayed in a shelter w/ mobeach42 - great guy and I'm glad he made it all the way!

swift
01-26-2006, 23:07
It's a truly small world and an even smaller trail than you would think. I've run into a good 15 or so from whiteblaze on the trail, some several times and this was before I even knew this site existed.... and many more from trailjournals. And I have to say, it is GOOD to see yall out here! The dots seem to connect as time goes by to make a big picture.

Jack Tarlin
01-26-2006, 23:10
Actually, if you spend any length of time on the Trail, you'll likely meet all sorts of wonderful Whiteblazers.

Why, in just the past two years, I've run into Warren, Wookie, Teej, Sly, SmokyMountainSteve, Mowgli........

Hey, WAIT a minute!!

Geez, maybe it IS time to find a new Trail! :)

Mouse
01-26-2006, 23:57
Given that Miss Janet and Ferryman Steve are members, the odds of running into someone from here seem rather high.

khaynie
01-27-2006, 00:18
We met Uconnmike, Ritblake, Baltimore Jack (at the hiker feed put on my Nature's Closet in Bennington, VT), Tka Teej, Longley, Ms Janet, and a few other whiteblazers. Your chances are pretty good my friend.

Hammock Hanger
01-27-2006, 01:30
I couldn't even list all the WB I have run into on the trail... I run out of fingers at 10. :)

attroll
01-27-2006, 01:43
Last year there was a calendar of leaving dates, but I can't find it this year. Do we have one? If so, how can I see it?

This is what we have for a listing of 2006 thruhikers.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/index.php?page=2006th

wacocelt
01-27-2006, 03:23
You ran into me as well dammit Jack! I know you're trying to forget, but ya did!