PDA

View Full Version : Driving From NYC to Amicalola Falls for May 1st Start... anyone need a ride?

Chasebrooklyn
04-16-2017, 15:43
I'll be driving from NYC to Amicalola Falls State Park at the end of April, 2017. I intend to start the approach trail Sunday, April 30th. So I'll probably be leaving from NYC very early Saturday, April 29th or if I do a more leisurely drive, Friday, April 27th.

Google maps claims that it will take 13.5 hours, so I'm budgeting 16 just in case there are delays.

Driving is boring and tedious... some company would be great.

Anyone need a ride? So long as it's on the way, I'm glad to stop anywhere to pick up.

OkeefenokeeJoe
04-16-2017, 17:27
Just remember while you're driving south towards God's country .... the left most lane is the PASSING LANE. If you are not passing .... STAY OUT OF IT!

Sorry, but Yankees tend to have such a difficult time with that one simple rule of the road.

Thank you so very much, and welcome to the land of the Blue & Gray. Walk with reverence on these hallowed grounds.

OkeefenokeeJoe

TRaBlzerSushi
04-16-2017, 18:44
Hey man, I was actually planning to hike just from new York up to Maine but I would probably be interested in a ride?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

DapperD
04-17-2017, 10:05
Just remember while you're driving south towards God's country .... the left most lane is the PASSING LANE. If you are not passing .... STAY OUT OF IT!

Sorry, but Yankees tend to have such a difficult time with that one simple rule of the road.

Thank you so very much, and welcome to the land of the Blue & Gray. Walk with reverence on these hallowed grounds.

OkeefenokeeJoeDon't worry, us Northerners know we own the road!:D

Chasebrooklyn
04-17-2017, 10:46
Hey man, I was actually planning to hike just from new York up to Maine but I would probably be interested in a ride?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Ok, send me a dm and we can talk.