PDA

View Full Version : If you need an online hiking journal

Frogger
01-27-2006, 01:22
Do you need a website to host your hiking journal on?

Sobohobos.com (http://www.sobohobos.com) is open for all 2006 thruhikers to use. We offer journals that your friends and family can read, as well as photo uploading to show off all the great pictures you will have! And, of course, it's all free.

First, there were two Sobohobos. Then, 4. By the time we got to Springer Mountain, we had a lot of members, all reading about the great experiences of 10 active Sobohobos. I'd love to see some more members this year. And we are very open to suggestions for features. If you need a flexible site, come on over and check us out.

Brett "Frogger" Schellenberg
www.sobohobos.com

(http://www.sobohobos.com)

attroll
01-27-2006, 01:47
Maybe WhiteBlaze should start hosting online journals.

Turtle2
01-27-2006, 17:20
How much more burden would that place on you and 'Rock? I think it would be a great idea as long as it wouldn't be a burden. Would that work well with the new server for bandwith or whatever?

attroll
01-28-2006, 01:32
How much more burden would that place on you and 'Rock? I think it would be a great idea as long as it wouldn't be a burden. Would that work well with the new server for bandwidth or whatever?

I will look into it and see what I can come up with. I don't foresee a problem with bandwidth. It has been something we have discussed a lot lately. There is no journal software out there that can be bought. I have looked extensively trying to find some. So it would have to be written from the ground up. It would not be cheap either. This is another reason for kicking off the donation area and the banner ads in the forum. In order to improve anything it takes money.

Just Jeff
01-28-2006, 12:30
It might be pretty cool to host journals here, but what's wrong with using Trailjournals.com? Seems like a lot of work to meet a need that's already being met.

Tha Wookie
01-28-2006, 19:59
It might be pretty cool to host journals here, but what's wrong with using Trailjournals.com? Seems like a lot of work to meet a need that's already being met.

I agree. It would make more sense to me for trailjournals.com to upgrade their bulletin board to something like this, using the Mambo server template.

But I would rather not see the two sites overlap that much.