PDA

View Full Version : Atmos AG Belt pockets and bottle pouches

PGH1NC
05-01-2017, 11:21
I am learning how to use an Osprey Atmos AG 50L.

I find I can fairly easily replace a water bottle using two hands: example for bottle in left hand pocket, use left hand to pull on the little tab and reaching around with my right hand place the bottle in the left side (forward facing) pouch. (Would need some mobility to do so.) Kinda like a right-handed soldier has his sword on his left side.

For the belt pocket something a bit similar helps only a little bit. I attached a short shoelace to the zipper tab. Then again using the left pocket, I hold the pocket-material stuff with my left hand and pull on the extension with my right to close the zipper.

Also, how many users use the little shelf that separates the sleeping bag area from the rest of the interior? Seems to me to eliminate some packing possibilities.

So I am wondering what other ideas, alterations or practices or hacks other Atmos AG owners have tried.

Maineiac64
05-01-2017, 12:01
I like the string idea, I could never get the belt pockets to work right when I had that pack (AG 65).

globetruck
05-01-2017, 19:03
I went to a local tailor shop and had them sew on sleeping pad straps like the AG65.

Blindwolfoncasters
05-04-2017, 17:40
You can undue the straps that hold the shelf in place, thereby opening the interior and creating one large space.

PGH1NC
05-04-2017, 18:41
I was wondering how many people use the shelf or divider between the sleeping bag "space' and the rest of the pack (any pack). Seems to me to just be in the way.