PDA

View Full Version : To Attrol and Sgt.Rock---chat mode???

MedicineMan
02-03-2003, 05:56
It would be nice to be able to chat via Whiteblaze....possible?
just a thought for those of us stuck in cages like I am.

attroll
02-03-2003, 14:12
I started working on a mod for creating a chat room. I had it working but it was slow. It was a little confusing to me and at the time I had a lot going on. Plus in the past we had a chat room when this site first opened and it never got used. I have not talked to Rock about this lately. But it is an idea. Also if you wanted to really chat with someone and they are online then you could look at there profile and see what chat program they have and page them with it.

MedicineMan
02-04-2003, 00:12
Attrol, that would be good but at work I'm stuck behind the biggest firewall in the whole wide world!

attroll
02-04-2003, 02:01
I know what you mean I hate those damn firewalls. LOL

MedicineMan
02-04-2003, 02:03
many of us 'talk' back and forth with the private message feature, you might be surprised how many would like a chat thingy, but you have done much here, so be proud regardless!

SGT Rock
02-04-2003, 20:18
I have been in hiking chats before and they don't work out so wellIMHO because you only gain from the chat if your on at the time, while a forum allows anone logging on at any time to respond to your question, to as a question when maybe the right person(s) aren't on, and to allow a lot of others no on at that time to lunk in on the conversation. Better yet, the conversation is preserved for a while so others can search to find info that has already been discussed.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Trail Dog
02-07-2003, 22:02
I agree with Rock if the chat room takes away from the posts then the chat room could take alot away from this sites future usefullness. This forum is great.

Skittles
02-07-2003, 22:40
There's always trailchat.com, there are often people there in the evenings (at least in the eastern time zone). You might want to check out jabber for chatting behind firewalls, I think that they have a way to run it over port 80, but not sure. Have fun!