PDA

View Full Version : Unbeatable deal that won't last!

Lost Soul
01-28-2006, 13:43
Just getting together supplies for a section hike in the spring and I ran across a killer deal. Balance Trail Mix bars are $1.59 for two at your local Walgreens and they have a coupon in the little book at the door for $4 off 4 bars. Net cost is zero per bar and I filled up a my sleeping bag stuff sack full of these to send out in my drop boxes. Move quick for a cheap supply for your drop box!

neo
01-28-2006, 14:48
Just getting together supplies for a section hike in the spring and I ran across a killer deal. Balance Trail Mix bars are $1.59 for two at your local Walgreens and they have a coupon in the little book at the door for $4 off 4 bars. Net cost is zero per bar and I filled up a my sleeping bag stuff sack full of these to send out in my drop boxes. Move quick for a cheap supply for your drop box!

that is great i am going to walgreens today:cool: neo

drsukie
01-28-2006, 16:08
Me THREE!! Thanks.....and I have TWO of them near me....:jump Sue

hiker5
01-28-2006, 18:04
Is the "coupon in the little book" you refered to the weekly circular?

mweinstone
01-28-2006, 18:06
at walgreens.

clayrfarris
01-28-2006, 18:17
Is the "coupon in the little book" you refered to the weekly circular?

Not the weely circular. It is a small booklet, 3 inches, X 6 inches, called the Easysaver Catalog for January 2006, and can be found next to the stack of weekly circulars just inside the front door. You can buy only 4 at a time. We have only 1 Walgreen here. I have already been twice today:jump

Lost Soul
01-28-2006, 23:40
My Walgreens did not limit the number you could buy and I bought about half their stock. I must have a hundred bars... That'll save me a few pennies for my resupplys! Sadly they had no ch. chip bars, only fruit and cinnamin bars. I figure even if I get tired of them they'll find a good home in a hiker box. Happy hiking all!

MisterSweetie
01-29-2006, 00:05
My Walgreens did not limit the number you could buy and I bought about half their stock. I must have a hundred bars... That'll save me a few pennies for my resupplys! Sadly they had no ch. chip bars, only fruit and cinnamin bars. I figure even if I get tired of them they'll find a good home in a hiker box. Happy hiking all!
Oh man I wish I'd tested the limit at my store! I went by twice and got 4 bars each time. They only had a few anyway, maybe 25, but I'd have happily cleaned them out... If I'd only known. :( Anyway, 4 bars and nothing else was a total of 22 cents. !! nice deal!

Thanks for the memO!!!

mnof1000v
01-29-2006, 01:03
Don't worry about the limits, guys. I work at Walgreens. Believe me, no one pays attention anyway. And the guys at corporate always tell us to let people slide anyway. So, the way I see it, we should take advantage.:)

MisterSweetie
01-29-2006, 02:01
Don't worry about the limits, guys. I work at Walgreens. Believe me, no one pays attention anyway. And the guys at corporate always tell us to let people slide anyway. So, the way I see it, we should take advantage.:)Maybe I'll swing by there tomorrow and not notice that the coupon is expired, and see if I can still buy more. :) I really really appreciate Lost Soul bringing this up. Never had the bar before, but I figure I'll get what I paid out of it, at least. :)

Ridge
01-29-2006, 04:32
Two Questions: 1) when is the sale over? 2) what is the shelf life of the bars?

johnny quest
01-29-2006, 11:50
the sale was over last night, the 28th. i ran up there and bought 4 of them, the tried one as i took the daughter to the skating rink. sure enough, they were free. but very very sweet. not my kind of thing at all. i didnt go by and pick up any more.