PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Water Reports

dperry
05-22-2017, 13:30
Only have a couple myself, but thought I would keep the thread title general so that anyone else who has info could put it in the same place.

The wife and i walked from Windsor Furnace to Port Clinton on Saturday, May 19. It had been raining all night and much of the morning. Water conditions were:

Minnehaha (sp?) spring--Flowing very slowly--heavy filtering would be needed.
Pocahantas Campsite--All three springs flowing decently--some filtering would probably still be needed.

backtrack213
05-22-2017, 13:39
Eckville shelter to Delaware water gap has good water at the shelters, didn't check any of the off trail springs but I assume they are running.

FlyPaper
05-22-2017, 16:29
Just hiked Duncannon to Piney Grove Furnace State Park. All water sources were great including the Alec Kennedy Shelter.

capehiker
05-22-2017, 18:37
Eckville shelter to Delaware water gap has good water at the shelters, didn't check any of the off trail springs but I assume they are running.

Even Bake Oven shelter? Usually that place is bone dry by March. Lol.

Patrickjd9
05-28-2017, 09:22
Anyone know about water near Yellow Springs Village, south of Swatara Gap?

Engine
05-31-2017, 17:29
It's done nothing but rain since we crossed into Pennsylvania last weekend. The storms have been long lived and slow moving to the northeast, along​ the trail corridor. I'm confident the water sources should be reliable for at least the next week or so.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk