PDA

View Full Version : Leave the ponies alone

Tuckahoe
05-24-2017, 16:28
Maybe next time he'll listen...
https://thetrek.co/appalachian-trail/feral-pony-ruthlessly-kicks-thru-hiker-balls-watch/

Tipi Walter
05-24-2017, 16:46
Back in 1996 I was backpacking thru Mt Rogers and pulled out an apple to eat at the Wise shelter and a dangit a pony bit me on the butt cheek cuz I wouldn't give him my apple. So if you see two guys without testicles and butt cheeks you'll know it was ponies.

Here's an actual pic of the ornery pony at the shelter---20 years ago.

rocketsocks
05-24-2017, 16:46
Awesome...

saltysack
05-24-2017, 16:50
He felt violated with those fruity shorts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Half
05-24-2017, 17:00
The guy that got kicked, he started the same day I was starting my section. Nice guy. He got Noro between Neels Gap and Unicoi.

cmoulder
05-24-2017, 17:47
He felt violated with those fruity shorts....

:D Yeah, you wear shorts like that and it's gonna happen!

SouthMark
05-24-2017, 19:44
Those are 70's/80's running shorts. Most hikers wore them then.

JFKinYK
05-24-2017, 20:00
I can't believe his reaction. I would have fallen flat on the ground crying in pain. Full fetal position.

rocketsocks
05-24-2017, 20:10
So now we gotta add cup to list of ten essentials.

Malto
05-24-2017, 21:04
So now we gotta add cup to list of ten essentials.

That was good!!!!

Sarcasm the elf
05-24-2017, 21:13
The first rule of horses is you don't stand that close behind horses...

MuddyWaters
05-24-2017, 21:27
The first rule of horses is you don't stand that close behind horses...

I dont
very experienced people will with their own horses
some run hand along back and butt too always let the horse know where they are

I was kicked in the shoulder by a horse when I was around 10. We were trying to get bridle on a friends horse and had it cornered in yard. Threw me several feet. A few inches away to the head could have killed me or disfigured me.

TNhiker
05-24-2017, 21:39
very experienced people will with their own horses

when i lived in lexington, ky--- and we were doing a story on mare reproductive loss syndrome--i watched a vet put his well lubed arm up a few horses' arse......

i was very surprised that he did not get kicked......

Lone Wolf
05-24-2017, 21:44
if you ever see a man with his arm deep in a horse's arse on the side of a road in PA, it's an Amish mechanic

ScareBear
05-24-2017, 21:56
if you ever see a man with his arm deep in a horse's arse on the side of a road in PA, it's an Amish mechanic

Now THAT is funny!!!:banana

shelb
05-24-2017, 23:09
That was my first thought! He should have been alright if he weren't in back of a horse...

saltysack
05-25-2017, 06:44

Road side oil change and tune up.....

TNGabe
05-25-2017, 07:00
Always nice to start the day with someone getting what they deserve for being stupid.

rocketsocks
05-25-2017, 07:45
Just checking to make sure the nuts are tight I guess

Lnj
05-25-2017, 12:05
Rotfl!!!!!!!!

middle to middle
05-25-2017, 16:48

now thats funny !

Francis Sawyer
05-25-2017, 18:15
when i lived in lexington, ky--- and we were doing a story on mare reproductive loss syndrome--i watched a vet put his well lubed arm up a few horses' arse......

i was very surprised that he did not get kicked......
Sometimes while a horse is giving birth you have to go up in there and sort of reorient the fetus to make it easier for the mom to deliver. Also much pulling and tugging is sometimes called for. Cows as well. It sure is different. It's nice when there are shoulder length rubber gloves available . Ruined a few shirts.

Francis Sawyer
05-25-2017, 18:27
Way way back a long time ago in the American west, a boy named Bobby went to school. The teacher made each child stand in front of the class and speak about something that he or she had seen on the way to school that day.

Bobby went up to the front of the class when his turn came.......
" I was walking down the road and a buckboard came a- tearing along. All the sudden the buckboard hits a hole in the road and the whole rig nearly tips over. The horses went all cattawompass and the harness snapped. The one horse took off a running but the other stopped dead in his tracks. Well the buckboard it kept a- going and the wagon- tongue went right up that horses arse." "Rectum Bobby", the teacher corrected. Bobby looked surprised and shouted " Wrecked him?! It danged- near killed him".

righand
05-31-2017, 20:24
i woke up at like 7am and there was horses around the shelter, i was shocked didnt really know there was wild horses on the east coast, there not really (wild) i guess. a few are rounded up each year and sold.

SWODaddy
05-31-2017, 20:49
Horse must have missed the jewels judging by his reaction.

SkeeterPee
05-31-2017, 20:55
The first rule of horses is you don't stand that close behind horses... or if experienced you walk right behind them with your hand on their rump. if they tense up to kick you push them off balance. And they can't really get a good kick if you are right next to them.

Berserker
06-05-2017, 12:52
It's funny because I meet a lot of people on my section hikes that are pumped to get to Mt Rogers to see the horses. I've hiked/camped there a bunch of times, and I always tell them the novelty wears off quick. I've had those jokers try to raid my camp more than once.