PDA

View Full Version : Log books@ huts/shelters

glassman
05-25-2017, 13:09
So this (Calf Mtn. Shelter) is about the third shelter that I've run across that the log book is full, almost full or basically nonexistent. Also it would be great if all the shelters had fire buckets for the fireplaces.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BuckeyeBill
05-25-2017, 16:59
Depending on when they were built and how they are maintained, these fireplaces may not be safe to have a fire started in them.

skater
05-25-2017, 20:22
Those logbooks (and associated pens) are typically bought by the trail maintainers, out of their own pocket, and carried up to shelter when they take care of the shelter. Maybe pick up a new one at your next in-town resupply and leave it when you come to the next full/missing logbook.

LittleRock
05-26-2017, 08:52
It would also be great if they all had hot tubs and cable TV. You get what you pay for :-)

Sarcasm the elf
05-26-2017, 08:57
It would also be great if they all had hot tubs and cable TV. You get what you pay for :-)

I have seen a few with satellite dish.

Sarcasm the elf
05-26-2017, 08:59
Those logbooks (and associated pens) are typically bought by the trail maintainers, out of their own pocket, and carried up to shelter when they take care of the shelter. Maybe pick up a new one at your next in-town resupply and leave it when you come to the next full/missing logbook.
In Connecticut, the CT-AMC provides the log books and regularly checks them. I keep meaning to ask them what is done with them once they are full.

oldwetherman
05-26-2017, 21:21
No joke. I been in shelters with numerous folks that thought the log books went to the Library of Congress to be kept for posterity. To a person, everyone of them would write at least an entire page ....all about themselves.

MuddyWaters
05-26-2017, 21:27
Wash yer hands after handling those things