PDA

View Full Version : compactor bags bottom?

PGH1NC
05-25-2017, 15:54
Many suggest trash/compactor bags inside of pack for "water proofing."

My pack has a access at the bottom for the sleeping bag and other items at the bottom of the pack.
How do you access the bottom items in such a pack? Cut the bottom? Take everything out? Put non-crucial items at the bottom but outside the compactor bag? (Atmos AG 50L) Any other hints using this bag? I have about 75 "practice miles" on the bag.

Thanks

Venchka
05-25-2017, 16:12
My pack has a separate zipper access compartment WITH a divider that can be detached making one huge sack. I put a trash compactor bag in the bottom with my sleeping bag, Xtherm Large and night clothes. Another trash compactor bag goes in the top with everything else in it.
It's been awhile since I looked at that pack. I don't remember if the divider was fixed or not. Either way, a plastic bag will keep the contents dry.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCDave
05-25-2017, 16:37
Many suggest trash/compactor bags inside of pack for "water proofing."...

Trash compactor bags are light and cheap. If you find the division in you backpack useful, use a second trash compactor bag, one for each compartment.

Drybones
05-25-2017, 17:48
I wear my trash bag on the outside, cut slits for the pack straps.

RangerZ
05-25-2017, 18:10
I've got the ATMOS 65. I don't use the divider and have considered cutting it out. I load the bottom zippers with my tent and sleeping bag, each in their own (waterproof - sleeping bag) bag. Then load the compactor bag from the top with everything else that I don't want to get wet. Things that can get wet may go on top.

Works for me, keeps the tent accessible without having to get into the bag. YMMV.

gotts63
05-26-2017, 09:50
works like a charm X2

Venchka
05-27-2017, 14:09
works like a charm X2

Common sense. It works for all of us.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk