PDA

View Full Version : Cho-Pat vs. sleeve

Megapixel
06-10-2017, 15:17
HI,

I am looking at getting some extra knee support during my hike and I'm looking at a Cho-Pat Dual Action Knee Strap vs. one of those full sleeve around the knee compression deals, and just wondering people's experiences with either or both. Some tendonitis on the outside of my knee flares up from time to time and I'm just trying not to purchase both items and make an "educated" guess as to which one will help more, or even which one people have thought well of.

Second Half
06-10-2017, 17:40
Obviously everyone is different but I swear by my Cho-Pats. I wouldn't hike without them.

TTT
06-10-2017, 18:14
Cho-Pats has a good reputation and there must be a reason why

* Nutmeg taken in a glass of milk can be used to alleviate symptoms of arthritis, or the oil can be applied directly on the inflamed muscles to relax the joint or tendon.

Praha4
06-10-2017, 19:08
Cho-Pat is the best knee brace ... but I also like the Zensah knee sleeves.

Mugthumper
06-10-2017, 19:14
Cho-Pat worked very well for me. I have never used a sleeve. I did the same research and Cho-Pats brace was the clear favorite. It worked wonders for me when I was experiencing knee pain.

gbolt
06-10-2017, 21:29
It depends on what you desire for the knee. Cho-Pat is for Patellar Tendon (Knee-Cap) issues. A knee sleeve is more for stability of the knee ligaments.

Of course, nothing replaces sound medical advice if an injury has occurred.

Megapixel
06-10-2017, 22:20
Thanks everyone. I'm ordering both since my wife and I have the same size knee, different issues... so we can do a bit of trial and error too. appreciate the opinions!