PDA

View Full Version : To pee or not to pee

Gray Blazer
01-30-2006, 11:35
I can't believe that a thread about peeing in a bottle got 58 replies and 938 viewings and a post about an all day hiker feed on Mar.25-26 got 7 replies and 159 viewings and dissapeared after 2 days. I could use the help feeding the thru hikers. This feels like High School. I don't have the reputation votes, I guess.

Hikes in Rain
01-30-2006, 13:10
It is pretty astonishing, isn't it? I think it's more a reflection of where peoples minds are than any reflection on your more than generous offer.

Wish I were hiking in March to take advantage of the feed. Heck, I just wish I were hiking!

MisterSweetie
01-30-2006, 14:22
I can't believe that a thread about peeing in a bottle got 58 replies and 938 viewings and a post about an all day hiker feed on Mar.25-26 got 7 replies and 159 viewings and dissapeared after 2 days. I could use the help feeding the thru hikers. This feels like High School. I don't have the reputation votes, I guess.Peeing on the trail is something that concerns everyone. The hiker feed, while exciting and I wish it did, doesn't concern everyone, as many/most will probably not be able to attend.

I do appreciate the offer, and wish I could make the dates, but I doubt it'll happen for me... But I do appreciate your generosity very much!

mweinstone
01-30-2006, 15:03
im gonna go start a thred about poopin

weary
01-30-2006, 16:00
I can't believe that a thread about peeing in a bottle got 58 replies and 938 viewings and a post about an all day hiker feed on Mar.25-26 got 7 replies and 159 viewings and dissapeared after 2 days. I could use the help feeding the thru hikers. This feels like High School. I don't have the reputation votes, I guess.
Well, I suppose a bit of the non response comes from people like me who are aware of all the genuine problems facing the trail -- and the world -- and wonder about the priority of providing charity to mostly middleclass folks on a six months vacation.

Weary Ga-ME 93 AKA grouch www.matlt.org

Big Dawg
01-30-2006, 16:11
im gonna go start a thred about poopin

LOL

"stop the madness"

stupe
01-30-2006, 19:20
I searched "poop" and the word appears in 119 threads, in every forum including political.
Think of it as a health issue that comes up once, twice, sometimes three times a day. A bad "poop" can indicate illness, a good one can be an almost mystical cleansing experience.
As far as peeing, getting out of a warm sleeping bag, putting on some clammy boots and going out into the three am drizzle to pee is something you think about everytime you use western style bathroom facilities in a nice heated room.

mweinstone
01-31-2006, 09:12
im usin the bag to ice method this year.the guy who suggested it was smart.i hearby declare i will not leave my toasty bag for no pee.and to woman who hear me peeing,sorry ill try to do it quietly.anyone herd the rtailname,...peebag?