PDA

View Full Version : Rockies Ruck - Final Posting? :)

Mags
01-30-2006, 13:34
Less than month to go for this low key get together in Leadville, CO.

The idea is to have a hiker get together such as ones done on the East and West coasts...without the airfare for those in the Rockies. :D Of course, people from all over are welcome, too.

Hope to keep the ball rolling and make this a yearly event!

Anyway, there are about 25 people going so far.

To find out more about the Ruck, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rockies_ruck/

There is a "schedule" now as well!

The usual caveat: Nothing is set in stone. The list is just some ideas. Being hikers, we can be flexible. Feel free to bring any slide shows/ideas/whatever.

We will have access to a large screen TV w/ DVD and VCR. Karl Luce is bringing a digitial projector and laptop so we can show computer based slide shows. Naturally, you don't have to do everything, as the hostel is big enough if you've had enough of the slide shows. :D

The "schedule":

FRIDAY:
Afternoon - meet and greet
Early Evening: dinner
Evening: CDT slideshow by Mike "D-Low" DiLoreznzo

SAT:
Morning: Breakfast
Day: Going over Packs/Stove Making/ Slide show watching/ Shooting the breeze (pick one..whatever you want to do. :)
Lunch: I like the idea of a potluck lunch. Bring enough food for yourself and two other people. As mentioned, there is a good sized Safeway in town, so don't feel you have to cook anything
Afternoon: Going over Packs/Stove Making/ Slide show watching/ Shooting the breeze (pick one..whatever you want to do. :)
Dinner: We eat!
Evening: "Southbounders". An AT movie..not a documentary!
"Resouled" A PCT doc

SUN:
Breakfast
Group outdoor activity (for those who want to)

Again, don't feel you have to do everything on this list. The whole weekend is just an excuse to get together and talk trail. :)

Any questions? E-mail me: pmags AT yahoo DOT com

Footslogger
01-30-2006, 13:58
Sounds like a plan !!

See ya'll on the 24th ...

'Slogger

Sly
01-30-2006, 14:09
I wasn't sure how people would react but "Southbounders" was well received at the SoRuck. It's a good "movie".

There were a few spots that didn't exactly match the trail as they were hiking, the "fictional southern town" were the received their maildrop was a mix of Hot Springs and Damascus and there are other "gets" in the movie that are entertaining.

How is "Resouled"?

Footslogger
01-30-2006, 14:12
[quote=Sly]There were a few spots that didn't exactly match the trail as they were hiking.
===============================
I noticed that too ...but it's a "movie" rather than a documentary or video journal of an actual hiker so I was able to let it slide ...

Mags ...I'm bringing "Southbounders" to the Ruck, by the way.

'Slogger

Mags
01-30-2006, 14:34
I like the idea of an an AT movie. Thought it would be something different. I have a ton of microwave popcorn I'm going to make, too. :)

As for "Resouled", it is about a 2002 PCT thru-hike. I like it . Of course, it was the year I hiked..so I am biased. :)

Sly
01-30-2006, 15:23
Yeah, popcorn for the movie!

If you want something Rockie centric watch Savants CDT DVD. I thought that was great! I think Footslogger has it.

Sly
01-30-2006, 15:24
Oh, I see you have d-lows CDT slides. That's cool.

Footslogger
01-30-2006, 15:25
Yeah, popcorn for the movie!

If you want something Rockie centric watch Savants CDT DVD. I thought that was great! I think Footslogger has it.
=================================
YUP, got it ...and bringing it along. I crack up every time I think about Savant's imitation of "Rumi Toebox". That dude's a character.

'Slogger

Sly
01-30-2006, 15:27
=================================
YUP, got it ...and bringing it along. I crack up every time I think about Savant's imitation of "Rumi Toebox". That dude's a character.

All the "voices" are great, along with final dance. Funny **** !

Footslogger
01-30-2006, 15:29
All the "voices" are great, along with final dance. Funny **** !
===================================
If Eric is like that all the time it would be a gas to hike with him.

'Slogger

Sly
01-30-2006, 15:33
LOL.. I thought that too.

Mags
01-30-2006, 16:13
I just watched Savant's DVD last night. It was funny. Grizzly Berra! :)

If D-Low can't make the slide show...well, there's our CDT vid!