PDA

View Full Version : North Adams, MA parking

Teacher & Snacktime
06-19-2017, 19:41
Where is the best place in North Adams, MA for overnight parking?

rafe
06-19-2017, 19:49
I've parked right at the trailhead at Phelps Rd. overnight. So the car was only there a bit over 24 hours. It's a quiet residential neighborhood.

rafe
06-19-2017, 19:50
Phelps Ave., sorry.

Teacher & Snacktime
06-19-2017, 19:51
Ok, thanks. How about a good place to eat....lunch and dinner?

rafe
06-19-2017, 20:09
Ok, thanks. How about a good place to eat....lunch and dinner?

No problem, many choices. Phelps Ave. is right off Rte. 2. Between there and Williamstown, all sorts of places to eat on either side of Rte. 2. There's a lively eatery right on the Williams College campus, and more just off-campus.

Heading east on Rt. 2 (from Phelps Ave.) nothing much till you're in N. Adams proper. There are a few restaurants and pubs there as well.

Teacher & Snacktime
06-19-2017, 20:29
Well, if you're in the neighborhood this July, PM me and join us for lunch or dinner...Rain Man, Moose717, Gumball, and me :D

Captain Blue
06-19-2017, 23:48
Greylock Community Club is a great place to park. Right on the trail.

Teacher & Snacktime
06-20-2017, 11:58
Greylock Community Club is a great place to park. Right on the trail.

I saw that too. Do they require permission for overnight? The decision will be left to the car-owner, but thanks for the ideas Rafe and Captain.

moose717
06-20-2017, 16:50
I saw that too. Do they require permission for overnight? The decision will be left to the car-owner, but thanks for the ideas Rafe and Captain.

Just park me where I won't get towed ... More important ... THE FOOD! I have 100% faith in you and your awesome planning ways Teacher! I will be parked safe and have a full belly.

Teacher & Snacktime
06-20-2017, 19:28
Just park me where I won't get towed ... More important ... THE FOOD! I have 100% faith in you and your awesome planning ways Teacher! I will be parked safe and have a full belly.

Ahh the food! Yeah, I have an idea or two there :D

handlebar
06-24-2017, 15:19
They request a donation to help support youth sports activities. Left my car there under a light while hiking the Long Trail for 18 days. No problem. You can call them in advance.

Trillium
06-24-2017, 21:59
They request a donation to help support youth sports activities. Left my car there under a light while hiking the Long Trail for 18 days. No problem. You can call them in advance.Additionally, when we parked there 11 yrs ago, they requested that you come in and sign a log with model, license & estimated time you'll be back.