PDA

View Full Version : Section hike suggestion between Springer and Roanoke

mauiarcher
06-26-2017, 20:11
Aloha

Heading to east coast from Hawaii and have a few days to hike along the AT. Looking for any advice or suggestions for a section that logistically easy to park car and hitchhike or get a ride back.

Of course more scenic the better....hard hiking ok. Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Best
Chris

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

illabelle
06-26-2017, 21:07
You don't say when you will be here. One of my favorite areas is near Roan Mountain, from Carver's Gap northward. Peak Rhododendron bloom should be past by now, but it would still be very pretty. Even without the blooms, it's a great area.

Venchka
06-26-2017, 21:46
Mountain Harbor B&B/Hostel/Shuttle at US Hwy 19E on the NC-TN border. Park there and they will shuttle you South an appropriate distance for your abilities. Have a great hike.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venchka
06-26-2017, 21:48
You don't say when you will be here. One of my favorite areas is near Roan Mountain, from Carver's Gap northward. Peak Rhododendron bloom should be past by now, but it would still be very pretty. Even without the blooms, it's a great area.

The same trail area as my post above. It's a winner.
Wayne

Rain Man
06-26-2017, 22:57
Obviously the GSMNP is another prime possibility.

mauiarcher
06-27-2017, 01:57

heading out in about 2.5 weeks. Thank you...I will check is out. Any place to park nearby?

mauiarcher
06-27-2017, 02:05
Mountain Harbor B&B/Hostel/Shuttle at US Hwy 19E on the NC-TN border. Park there and they will shuttle you South an appropriate distance for your abilities. Have a great hike.
Wayne

That sounds totally perfect. Thank you!

Chris

Venchka
06-27-2017, 08:57
You're welcome. Have a great hike.
Wayne