PDA

View Full Version : Port Clinton, PA

Grunt
07-04-2017, 21:12
Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a mail drop in Port Clinton, PA? Our schedule has us walking through probably on a Sunday so the PO won't work.

Jem
07-04-2017, 21:36
The Barber Shop may accept mail drop but may not be open on Sunday. Give them a call to confirm. If they won't be open, ask them for a suggestion. Those folks are super helpful. Also, go to the Barber Shop even if you don't have a mail drop! It's awesome.

Angle
07-04-2017, 21:47
Are you talking about this Sunday? I will be in the area, probably closer to Eckville but may be able to pick you up and shuttle you on Sat. morning. PM me if all else fails. Iceman

ki0eh
07-06-2017, 10:58
The A.T. in Port Clinton is 1.5 miles one way from a 24 hour Super WalMart. https://www.walmart.com/store/4612

Look at the Google Earth and the following directions copied from another post on this topic.

Using a new rail trail that crosses the AT just Trail-south of the rail yard (coming from town, need to climb up to it).

I observed a social trail from the rail trail (compass north side of rail trail underpass under PA 61) onto PA 61 west shoulder which would be a shorter and nicer walking approach to the greater Cabela's/Walmart/Wawa area than trying to walk the whole way on PA 61 especially over the PA 61 river bridge. The new rail trail and the social trail puts you out on the big road on the correct side of all of railroad, river, and road.

Grunt
07-08-2017, 13:30
Sorry for the late response... no, my trip in scheduled for early October

Grunt
07-12-2017, 17:18
The Barber Shop may accept mail drop but may not be open on Sunday. Give them a call to confirm. If they won't be open, ask them for a suggestion. Those folks are super helpful. Also, go to the Barber Shop even if you don't have a mail drop! It's awesome.

Anybody got the number for the PO??

Lone Wolf
07-12-2017, 17:46
Anybody got the number for the PO??

610-562-3787