PDA

View Full Version : My CDT section hike

chris
01-31-2006, 15:28
After nearly 5 months of deliberating, I've decided to make my CDT section hike web page available to the general public. You can find it at

http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett/cdt/index.html

I finished writing it in August. It has taken me this long to put it online for a variety of reasons. It is a rather personal story, at least for me, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to make that part of my life part of the public sphere. Also, it deals with another person who, although not a part of the hiking community, needs to have her privacy respected as well. In the end, I decided that I had written things in the right sort of way. I hope this is the case. If it turns out otherwise, I'll pull the pages immediately.

In much of what I write in the pages, there is a certain vagueness. That is quite intentional as it was the only way that I thought I could write about my experience without causing undue harm to anyone and to protect myself as much as I could.

I considered never making the pages public. In the end, however, I decided that it was important to share what I had experienced with others. That there was something that others could learn. I learned alot in writing it.

As a side not, I found the pictures that I took to be very interesting, though not for photographic reasons. As I look through the photos, I can see my mental and emotional states on the various days. Comparisons with trips done after I got back (see Local Trips) will show this, I think, rather distinctly. Same camera, nothing changed except me. And, I think the photos show it.

Sly
01-31-2006, 20:15
Thanks Chris, I'll check it out later. Don't forget there's stil nearly 2000 more miles of awesome trail out there!

StarLyte
01-31-2006, 21:07
Chris
Excellent journal writing and photography. I think yours is one I am going to print out and read a little every night. TJs are addicting. Thanks for posting this-very nice.
Marsha

lbbrown
02-01-2006, 18:14
Chris
Excellent journal writing and photography. I think yours is one I am going to print out and read a little every night. TJs are addicting. Thanks for posting this-very nice.
Marsha
You're right Marsha....great journal!

Thanks Chris for putting it here!