PDA

View Full Version : Risky Ranch Rd, VT

Teacher & Snacktime
07-07-2017, 19:31
Can anyone tell me if Risky Ranch Rd, just south of the Seth Warner Shelter, is passable from N. Adams?

Oh, and while we're at it.....what is parking like at County Rd?

Rain Man
07-07-2017, 23:05
On my ATC paper map, it says "Rusty" not Risky?

Teacher & Snacktime
07-08-2017, 00:27
On my ATC paper map, it says "Rusty" not Risky?

I double checked. Both Google Maps and the ATC Interactive map list it as Risky Ranch Rd. (They are technically one and the same, so I guess that's not surprising) I also checked the real estate listings in Pownal and Stamford......it's definitely Risky (though I hope it will be safe enough when we're driving on it!!!) :D

Cosmo
07-08-2017, 19:36
I'd take County Rd, from Clarksburg Mass. Disclaimer: Haven't been on either one yet this year.

Cosmo

Jeff
07-08-2017, 19:40
I will PM you Trail Angel Steve's phone #. He knows all that kind of info N and S of Bennington.

Teacher & Snacktime
07-08-2017, 21:05
Thank you both, Cosmo and Jeff. There's been a change of plans though, and we're sticking to the County Rd. crossing. Still, nice to know you guys are here when such questions arise.

cdk4091
07-09-2017, 11:22
I started a section hike at County Road in June. It appears there might be room for one vehicle on the side of the road.
CPT Kirk

Truckin
07-10-2017, 13:55
I hiked there via Broad Brook Trail last fall and from what I saw it's a jeep road that would not be passable by most vehicles. There were no pull-offs or parking at the LT intersection.

Teacher & Snacktime
07-10-2017, 15:49
I hiked there via Broad Brook Trail last fall and from what I saw it's a jeep road that would not be passable by most vehicles. There were no pull-offs or parking at the LT intersection.

So maybe this is the "jeep road" to which the rohland site refers?