PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on the body found on the Approach?

Lnj
07-12-2017, 14:16
Just curious. I got a notification that the body of a man was found about 75 yards away from the Len Foote Hike Inn near the AT approach trail at Amicalola. I came straight here thinking I would find one long if not a few threads of discussion on it. I have absolutely no more detail on it than that. He was found this morning sometime.

Anybody else hear anymore? Chime in.

chknfngrs
07-12-2017, 14:23
Googled it. Found this: https://www.forsythnews.com/local/body-found-trail-near-amicalola-falls/

Lnj
07-12-2017, 14:26
Thanks. Still pretty bare bones info. I was wrong about this morning. I just got the notice but it was Tuesday morning, not today. Middle aged-guy, no foul play suspected. Just curious what got him.

JPritch
07-12-2017, 16:54
Just curious what got him.

Those stairs...those damn stairs?

BuckeyeBill
07-12-2017, 21:35
Here is the short article (http://www.dawsonnews.com/section/1/article/20240/preview/) that list the ID of the victim.

peakbagger
07-13-2017, 06:27
If it was a heart attack, at least he had it doing something he hopefully liked to do.

LoneStranger
07-13-2017, 07:38
If it was a heart attack, at least he had it doing something he hopefully liked to do.

In cardiac deaths, like the recent one the Pemi rescue squad helped on, I always hope the victim was on their way down from a wonderful summit day. It just is more comforting than thinking about the climb killing you before you reached the top.

10-K
07-13-2017, 09:34

He was 54... I'd rather die when I'm 103 doing something i really hate to do. :)

Heliotrope
07-13-2017, 09:40
He was 54... I'd rather die when I'm 103 doing something i really hate to do. :)

Yeah. Like treating your toenails. Wait. Damn! Wrong thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pringles
07-13-2017, 12:27
Lone Stanger, I like your thought. That's nice.

10-K, if it was me, I agree with your outcome.

Longboysfan
07-14-2017, 08:45
Those stairs...those damn stairs?

Without a doubt.

BuckeyeBill
07-14-2017, 10:44
I would rather die in the arms of a beautiful woman, shot by her jealous husband.

evyck da fleet
07-14-2017, 14:11
It's about the journey not the destination. When it's time it's time.

TTT
07-14-2017, 17:54
If you don't know where you're going, you'll never know when you get there

George
07-15-2017, 11:48

I worked in a nursing home a short time after high school - IMO many of the residents were only existing, not living - I would prefer to exist only as long as I am living

Deadeye
07-15-2017, 12:33
I worked in a nursing home a short time after high school - IMO many of the residents were only existing, not living - I would prefer to exist only as long as I am living

I second that thought. I've watched all four of my parents & in-laws go slow and miserable. I hope to live long and die fast.

bushwhacker88
07-15-2017, 19:06
I'm dealing with my Dad's dementia every day. Dad was funny, smart, very full of life. Dementia is robbing him of all that a day at a time. His mother went the same way. At least he seems to be happy most of the time. I dont plan on going out like that if I start developing the symptoms. A long walk on a cold winter's day with no cold weather gear seems like a peaceful way to go. Sorry kind of blue today.

PGH1NC
07-16-2017, 18:58
Bushwacker,

I just read your comments to some folks here who are now discussing various family and friends with dementia. I am sure your thoughts could/would be repeated by hundreds on this forum.

BlackCloud
07-16-2017, 21:37
"When the time comes for a man to look his maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"
-Dick Proeneke

One Half
07-17-2017, 11:41

Not too sure I can agree on that one. My grandmother died at 103 and the last many years was pretty painful. So many people died before her. She had been a widow for 50 years, lost a son, two sons in law, lost 3 grandchildren, and all her friends. Most especially she lost all her memories before she died. Even though we visited frequently she didn't really recognize her family, even her daughter who visited her nearly every day for the last 50 years. The most painful part for me was when she stopped recognizing my son, one of her great grand children. I was amazed that for several years she seemed to have difficulty recognizing her own children and her grandchildren but her face would light up when the great grandkids showed up. Perhaps it wasn't so much recognition as it was she just liked seeing younger people.

BuckeyeBill
07-17-2017, 13:38
I was joking in my earlier post. When my time is up I don't really care what the cause is, except I really don't want to burn. I have already donated myself to a State Medical School, so my kids don't have to arrange a funeral. If I should happen to pass on out of my State, I have made arrangements to have my remains sent to the University of Tennessee's Forensic Science School. Funny thing is, when they are finished with you, they cremate your remains and ship them to your family.