PDA

View Full Version : Do You Currently Use Recent Salomon X Ultra?

spfleisig
07-12-2017, 21:07
If so, what do you like and why and/or what do you dislike and why?

Thanks

Venchka
07-12-2017, 21:51
Low or mid?
Not Gore-Tex or with Gote-Tex?
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreshStart
07-12-2017, 22:05
I have the low gortex and non gortex versions. Love them. Very comfortable, great traction. I've used the gortex ones for about 200 or so AT miles, still are perfectly intact, no holes or excessive wear. I also wear them as my everyday shoe now and have been for a few months. I've done one weekend so far in the non gortex ones but they are coming with me on my long trail end to end starting in two days. I tried keens first and they started falling apart after 75 or so miles. X-Ultras are great!

spfleisig
07-13-2017, 05:49
I have the low gortex and non gortex versions. Love them. Very comfortable, great traction. I've used the gortex ones for about 200 or so AT miles, still are perfectly intact, no holes or excessive wear. I also wear them as my everyday shoe now and have been for a few months. I've done one weekend so far in the non gortex ones but they are coming with me on my long trail end to end starting in two days. I tried keens first and they started falling apart after 75 or so miles. X-Ultras are great!

Have you bought your shoes recently? I'm interested in the low, non-GTX version. How is the protection underfoot....do you noticeably feel sharp rocks? I've used the XA Pro 3Ds for years and I'm looking for a bit more rock protection.

egilbe
07-13-2017, 06:54
The XA Pro 3D have the best rock protection of any hiking shoe I've worn. If you want more, you're going to want to use boots.

FreshStart
07-13-2017, 07:22
I most recently bought the non gortex low x ultras. I've never had an issue with feeling rocks underneath them. That is also with hiking in Pennsylvania with those damn rocks. I also really like the lacing system although my wife uses the gortex woman's version and complains that they loosen up on her, I've never had that issue with mine. They also dry out really quick.

Have you bought your shoes recently? I'm interested in the low, non-GTX version. How is the protection underfoot....do you noticeably feel sharp rocks? I've used the XA Pro 3Ds for years and I'm looking for a bit more rock protection.

spfleisig
07-13-2017, 07:59
The XA Pro 3D have the best rock protection of any hiking shoe I've worn. If you want more, you're going to want to use boots.

As with many things in life, everything is relative. One man's sufficient rock protection is not sufficient for another man.

Venchka
07-13-2017, 08:12
If you're after rock protection, have you considered approach shoes?
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk